Webster is Interesting Reading

MacM

Registered Senior Member
Webster definition.

Propaganda:

1 - a committee of cardinals, the Congregation for the propagation of the faith in charge of the foriegn missions.

2 - any systematic, widespread disemination or promotion of particular ideas, doctrines , practices, etc., to further ones own cause or to damage an opposing one.

3 - ideas, doctrines, or allegations so spread: now often used disparingly to connote disception and distortion.

To understand that scientific ideas are not issued for the purpose of damaging but enlightenment is to know that science is not guilty of propaganda.

To listen to the religious ferver and dogma is to understand this definition by Webster

science is not guilty of propaganda
Science is an idealized concept. The people who do science can be corruptable, selfish and as flawed as the rest of us.

Webster has a certain attitude towards "christians" and their beliefs so to speak I would say. Look at more word definitions.

Norval,

Webster has a certain attitude towards "christians" and their beliefs so to speak I would say. Look at more word definitions.

ANS: Actually I think I like Webster. It seems fairly accurate and appropriate.

MacM
You do have a point, and as you stated, "To listen to the religious ferver and dogma is to understand this definition by Webster" The same can be easily said of many scientists too.

Back