Warsaw, Indiana rape case: only one arrest

Does USA have an escalating sex gang related problem or is there a social "decay"?

• USA has an escalating sex gang related problem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USA does not have a sex gang related problem

• USA has a problem on a social level of acceptance of sexual in/tolerance

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • USA has no problems and these men did the right thing and so did the laughing bystanders

• If this was some other non Western country, than yes a huge problem. But since it's USA, I abstain

• They were not Americans, so it does not count as USA.

• Other

• Total voters

youreyes

amorphous ocean
Valued Senior Member
http://www.elkharttruth.com/news/cr...bystanders-reportedly-laughed-stood-idle.html

This story is all over the international headlines, a recent gang rape in Warsaw has shown the fault in the American society and the level of tolerance to sexual abuse, just read these shocking headlines:

According to court documents from the Kosciusko County Prosecutor’s Office, the incident happened Aug. 10 in the Wyndham Gardens parking lot. The victim was in Warsaw to attend an Aug. 9 concert and after the event, she went out to her car in the hotel parking lot. She noticed several items were missing from her vehicle and was in the back seat when three men appeared and surrounded her vehicle. The men proceeded to sexually assault and choke the victim for more than 20 minutes, according to the court documents.

A witness reported she came out of the hotel and not only saw the men assaulting the victim, but also saw a crowd of people a short distance from the vehicle laughing and watching the incident happen. The witness tried to help the victim, but one of the men pressed a gun against her ribs and told her to “shut up and watch,” the documents say.

The men quickly left after the incident, but the witness took a picture of the license plate on the SUV they drove away in. The victim was then taken to Fort Wayne Sexual Assault Center, where medical staff noted, among other things, bruising around her neck, left leg, and right arm.

http://www.staceypageonline.com/2014/09/26/illinois-man-arrested-for-warsaw-rape/

I post a question, do you think USA has a sex gang problem or is this a problem on a much deeper social level of sex assault tolerance?

can a mod just delete this thread. its really not about having a real dscussion. its about youreyes being whiny that a russian example was used in a previous thread. thanks

Simplifying the Problems of Oversimplification

YourEyes said:
I post a question, do you think USA has a sex gang problem or is this a problem on a much deeper social level of sex assault tolerance?

Technically it's neither, though it tends toward the latter. Rather, it is a collection of interrelated and interdependent neurotic complexes producing results of attitude that permit and even promote results of behavior.

To wit, I couldn't tell you everything I need to know about the social demonization of sexual intercourse, nor its psycomoral impacts and how they translate to behavior, but I do konw enough to tell you that I'm not certain whether eliminating those stigma would help the situation or, as Americans often seem to prefer, open a hunting season on snatch. The thing is that no one component can be reconciled unto itself without accounting for its interrelationships with other components.

But it is a mess. We've just sublimated the problem in our own American way, which is why we see influential blocs asserting social virtues in the public discourse that are, in turn, functionally contributing to the problem.

Mod Hat — Poll modification

I have added an "Other" option to the poll; users selecting this choice should expect to explain the difference that constitutes their selection of "other".

Back