walking painfully

curioucity

Unbelievable and odd
Registered Senior Member
Hello

I have this ailment here:
Everytime I walk for a very long time (and over a great distance of course), I feel that my legs seem to itch painfully.... well, it's hard to describe it, but it feels like pain, but can be scratched so it will disappear for a short time. Also, I sometimes can see short and small red lines on my thighs. What is this problem?

If the small red lines don’t disappear then it would indicate spider veins/varicose veins. For most people they are only unsightly, but they can be painful. I guess when you scratch them, your increasing the circulation. These can be caused by wearing tight clothing, and poor circulation.:p

to weebee
Okay, I'll take that. But actually I've no longer worn tight suits, why it's still happening, maybe sarge's right too....

Generally the cause is bad circulation, so tight clothes makes it worse and can be the start of the problem. Crossing your knees and legs can also restrict blood flow. More fibre is suggested by many as it prevents constipation, but I’m baffled why that would effect blood flow in humans legs. Vit C and E are also suggested as is exercise….so mostly it's just the general things that are recommended for a ‘healthy life’.:p

I have read that some people have used a Vit K cream to help with the spider veins. You could try doing some research on the Vit K creams. I do not know if it there would be anything on the search engines about the Vit K creams. I have not read any references to Vit K supplements working for the spider veins.

Good ideas, thanks.
Hope I can finally get rid of this problem..... I love to walk.

Back