Violence, Killing & Murder - instinct? (Nature or Nurture?)

Kaiduorkhon

Registered Senior Member
Please find herein a partial list of some relevant resource material for anyone who wishes to pursue this thread's paramountly important, relatively neglected and/or misunderstood issue, furthermore. It's some of the copy I researched while writing NOMADS, CIVILIZATION & WAR: A Brief History of the EuroAsian Horse People.

The fastest growing violent crime in the U.S.A. is the physical abuse of women and children - including rape - by adult men.

No real problem can be resolved when it is accompanied by a policy of denial, non-recognition and/or non acknowledgement.

Some of the issues of willfull destructive human aggression (ethology) is accounted for in the following (unfortunately, relatively obscure) anthological collection of resource materials - followed by a partial list of cogent motivations of the *predatory mentality (*an increasing inventory of furniture in the American Household Vocabulary)...

THE ANATOMY OF HUMAN DESTRUCTIVENESS - Eric Fromm

THE ART OF WAR - Sun Tzu

ON WAR - Karl Von Clauzewitz

ON AGGRESSION - Konrad Lorenz

ON KILLING - Lt. Col. Grossman

ON VIOLENCE: The Code Of Denial & Silence;
The Normalization Of Betrayals Of Oaths Of Public Office
- K.B. Robertson

AN INTIMATE HISTORY OF KILLING:
Face To Face Killing In The 20th Century
- Joanna Bourke

THE BATTLE FOR HISTORY - John Keegan

THE ABUSE OF POWER - Theodore Draper

TO END WAR - R. Pickus & R. Woito

THE RIDE OF THE SECOND HORSEMAN - R. L. O’Connell

A HISTORY OF WARFARE - John Keegan

DUPLICITY, INTRIGUE, BRUTE FORCE & INTIMIDATION:
The Male Sexist Oracle. The American Way - K.B. Robertson

WOMEN IN WAR - Shelly Saywell

THE CAUSES & PREVENTION OF WAR - Brown

THE DECLINE & FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE - Edward Gibbon

THE FIRST CASUALTY - Phillip Knightly
(‘In times of war, truth is the first casualty’. - Sen. H. Johnson, 1917)

THE MASK OF COMMAND - John Keegan

THE RISE & FALL OF GREAT POWERS - Paul Kennedy

THE OUTLINE OF HISTORY - H.G. Wells

GENGHIS KHAN - Harold Lamb

THE EARTH IS THE LORD’S - Taylor Caldwell

POLAND - James Michener

The I CHING - author(s) unknown.

THE KORAN (Quran) - Muhammed
The TORAH & TALMUD - author(s) unknown
The BAGHADVAD GITA - author(s) unknown

THE ROYAL HORDES - E.D. Phillips

HISTORY OF THE MONGOLS - Bertold Spuler

VIOLENCE & CRIME: In Cross National Perspective
- Archer and Gartner

THE GOOD WAR - Studs Terkel

THE DIALECTIC CYCLE - Cyclic Pendulum - OF HISTORY - Friedrich Hegel

THE PELOPONNESIAN WARS
The Self Destruction Of The Greek State By Civil Wars - Herodotus (& standard references.)

DESCRIPTIONS OF THE NEW WORLD: The Travels Of Marco Polo
- Marco Polo, translated by William Marsden

THE TABOO AGAINST KNOWING WHO YOU ARE - Allen Watts

THE VOYAGE OF THE BEAGLE - Charles Darwin

THE COMPETITIVE IMPERATIVE - K.B. Robertson

ANTI VIOLENCE STATEMENTS: Suppression Of Great Minds - Albert Einstein

THE HISTORY OF THE MINOANS - Standard reference sources

SOLDIERS - John Keegan

THE POLITICS OF EXPERIENCE - R.D. Laing

THE YASA - Genghis Khan (As translated by Rashid al Din.)

THE DISCOVERERS - Daniel J. Boorstin

THE DESCENT OF WOMAN - Elaine Morgan

THE ASCENT OF MAN - J. Bronowski

THE NAKED APE - Desmond Morris

OUR ORIENTAL HERITAGE - Will Durant

THE TABOO AGAINST KNOWING WHERE IT'S AT - K. B. Robertson

THE FIRST HORSEMEN - Trippet

THE LOOM OF LANGUAGE - Frederick Bodmer

THE SOURCE - James Michener

THE CIVIL WAR - National Geographic

POLITICAL TERRORISM - Grant Wardlaw

NUEROLINGUSTIC PROGRAMMING - Richard W. Bandler

OPERANT CONDITIONING, BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION
& (so called) PSYCHOMOLECULAR RESTRUCTURING
- Standard informational resources

WORLD WAR II - John Keegan

CIVILIZATION & ITS DISCONTENTS - Sigmund Freud

THE TERRITORIAL IMPERATIVE - Robert Ardrey

AMUSING OURSELVES TO DEATH - Neil Postman

RUNNING FROM SAFETY - Richard Bach

EXTRAORDINARY POPULAR DELUSIONS AND THE MADNESS OF CROWDS
- Mackay

THE ART OF MISSING THE POINT: When You Can’t Afford To Catch On
- K.B. Robertson

“*GEORGE ORWELL’S (1984) PREDICTIONS ARE RIDICULOUS.”
- *Time / Life Publishers (*1/1/’84 Feature Article)

BRUTE FORCE, THE MALE SEXIST ORACLE: The American Way
- K.B. Robertson

WINNING THROUGH INTIMIDATION - Ringer

THE UNDECLARED WAR AGAINST AMERICAN WOMEN - Susan Faludi

A MOVEABLE VIETNAM: A Continental Misunderstanding - K.B. Robertson

THE ART OF BEING - Fromm

THE SANE SOCIETY- Fromm

ON BEING HUMAN - Fromm

EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE - Goleman

TRANSFORMING A RAPE CULTURE - Buchwald, Fletcher & Roth

CONSPIRACIES, COVER-UPS & CRIMES:
Political Manipulation & Mind Control In America - J. Vankin

THE ART OF LOVING - Fromm

THE CONQUEST OF HAPPINESS - Bertrand Russell

THE UNREALITY INDUSTRY
The Deliberate Manufacturing Of Falsehoods And What It Is Doing To Our Lives - Mitroff & Bennis

HOW REAL IS REAL?
Confusion, Disinformation & Communication - Watzlawick
“...let us go down and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.” - Genesis 11:7 (Refer, 1984 <NewSpeak> by George Orwell)

25 YEARS OF CENSORED NEWS - P. Phillips

AGAINST OUR WILL: Men, Women & Rape - Susan Brownmiller

BATTERED & BULLIED WOMEN MAKE BETTER PANCAKES & BURGERS
- K.B. Robertson

ESCAPE FROM FREEDOM - Fromm

THE UNDISCOVERED SELF - Jung

THE INVISIBLE (‘What?’) WAR: A War Of Perception
K.B. Robertson

THE CONQUEST OF THE UNITED STATES
- K.B. Robertson

WHY KAREN SILKWOOD WAS MURDERED - Author unknown

MEMORIES, DREAMS & REFLECTIONS - Jung

MAN AND HIS SYMBOLS - Jung

MAN FOR HIMSELF - Fromm

THE ARCHTYPES & THE COLLECTIVE UNCONSCIOUS - Jung

WAR and ANTI-WAR: Survival At The Dawn Of The 21st Century
Alvin and Heidi Tofler (Authors of FUTURE SHOCK and THE THIRD WAVE)

THE JUDICIAL, JOURNALISTIC & ROGUE CIA INSPIRED
CODE OF SILENCE IN SANTA CRUZ COUNTY:
A Memorial Of The Murder Of Corine Christensen In 1986
- K.B. Robertson

The Seville Statement I

The Seville Statement II

Contingencies:
Repeat: The fastest growing violent crime in the U.S.A. is the physical abuse of women and children - incuding rape - by adult men.
The generalised causal motivation of this includes the pillaging methods and rewards of the following compendium:

Empowering and gratifying self via disempowering others.
Aka, 'one-up-man-ship',

'put-down' power mongering,

'Gotchaism',

'recreational sado-masochism',

'brinks-man-ship'.

The easy expediency of destruction.
Refer, Nietzche's 'Will To Power',

'Blaming The Victim',

A psuedo-socialized 'competitive imperative'.

Defensive aggression (second guessing a non aggressive motivation as being aggressive; then initiating aggression, based on that false premise. "Limitless are the numbers of apparently correct conclusions that can be based on a completely false premise". - Heraclitus).

Generating a falsely founded offensive to place others on the defensive.

Vainly burdening others with something to deny, and to further explain that which is already understood.

Pretending you don't understand or hear something, when you do.

Acquiring security for self by needlessly generating insecurity in others.

Cheap thrills.

Malevolently using a minimum amount of words to delberately burden others with a maximum amount of explanation.

Expansive - improvised & innovative - artforms of waffling, flip-flopping, placeing and keeping others on the defensive.

Labeling a firm indictment as a 'reverse confession' is a firmly established 'New Age', crazymaking example. Refer abuses of 'Verbal Judo', Orwellian 'DoubleThink', 'Quackspeak' and 'Ingsoc'.

Ego-syntonic (conscienceless) narcissm.

And, in the court-recorded words of mass woman murderer, Ted Bundy:
'To get my rocks off'.

(Draw your own conclusions?)

Constructive criticism, corrections and/or contributions are welcome.
http://forums.delphiforums.com/subedai

What might be done to reduce - and comfort - the victims of the violence epidemic in the world and especially Western Civilization? Is the public adequately educated to the problems reflected in this post?

What value does this description give us? Will it help us prevent murder? Make killing more humane? Help the families of victims? Promote a reduction in world population? Is the intention of this post fairly self explanatory or does it leave the reader at a loss to sense what is intended?

Is your book published yet? Where can I go get it? I only skimmed the list, but I've read only 3-4 of those other ones.

Oniw17:
You're right. This is a work in progress from the intro to Chapters two through eight. The rest is still underway. Please accept my apologies. Thank you for your interest and please stay in touch.

Dear Oniw17. The post is a work in progress, it commences with the intro and skips to chapter two through eight (out of ten). Some of the chapters are incomplete and chapter one hasn't been data entered yet. Please accept my apologies. Thank you for your interest and please stay in touch.

I read chapter 6 and skipped around in the other parts, it looks worth reading, when would you predict it will be done?

Kaiduorkhon:

Your point does not become anymore sensible when made bold and largely printed. In fact, it takes away from it immensely. Consider not using such tactics.

Moreover, why are you simply advertising your stuff, instead of engaging in discussion? You haven't bought space here. This isn't some magazine advertisement.

Prince James wrote:
Kaiduorkhon:

Your point does not become anymore sensible when made bold and largely printed. In fact, it takes away from it immensely. Consider not using such tactics.

Moreover, why are you simply advertising your stuff, instead of engaging in discussion? You haven't bought space here. This isn't some magazine advertisement.

Dear Prince James:
Acknowledging that on-line computer experience is new to me, it has been my understanding that caps locked typography is to be avoided, unless qualified. Book titles are upper cased as a matter of formatting standard. On the other hand, I acknowledge and genuflect to your advisory regarding bold or enlarged lower caps typography. You're probably right about that and your point is well taken. Thank you for that advise on that issue.

With regard to your second paragraph. The closing of my message asks a series of questions that invite dialogue - discussion.

Moreover. I have authored and sold out nine editions of hard copy small press books and essays since 1959. Since I began to use the internet in 2002 I have offered my work to the public, free, at no cost whatsoever. I am in the process of making more books and essays available to the public on the internet. Some of them are works in progress; some are complete, all of them are bereft of capital gain of any kind. They are the best gifts (labors of love) I am capable of offering to anyone.

I am fully aware that this forum is not the counterpart for some magazine advertisement and that I have not bought space here. Would you have me do that in order to offer a free public service, about which I have received thousands of compliments and kudos - off and on the net - from a grateful Readership?

http://forums.delphiforums.com/EinsteinGroupie
- TOTAL FIELD THEORY (that is the title of the book at that location).

http://forums.delphiforums.com/subedai
- NOMADS, CIVILIZATON & WAR: A Brief History of the EuroAsian Horsepeople.

Thank you for reading this missive.
Please stay in touch.

Dear Genji:
The only thing that's on the market here is the intrigue and duplicity of your reversely confessing, self identifying motivation as a spammer.

Kaiduorkhon:

"Acknowledging that on-line computer experience is new to me, it has been my understanding that caps locked typography is to be avoided, unless qualified. Book titles are upper cased as a matter of formatting standard. On the other hand, I acknowledge and genuflect to your advisory regarding bold or enlarged lower caps typography. You're probably right about that and your point is well taken. Thank you for that advise on that issue."

It was my pleasure to offer the suggestion. Here is another one, if you do not mind: Book titles can be italicized in order to present them as the proper titles of publications, rather than bolded and capitalized. This allows for a less extreme - and actually, more eye catching - look to all your postings.

"Moreover. I have authored and sold out nine editions of hard copy small press books and essays since 1959. Since I began to use the internet in 2002 I have offered my work to the public, free, at no cost whatsoever. I am in the process of making more books and essays available to the public on the internet. Some of them are works in progress; some are complete, all of them are bereft of capital gain of any kind. They are the best gifts (labors of love) I am capable of offering to anyone. "

You have been an author that long? I must say, I am quite impressed. Tell me, do you have any in wide-circulation? Or were these printed per request? Might I be able to find you in the average bookstore, or would I have to contact you specifically to get a copy of these books?

"I am fully aware that this forum is not the counterpart for some magazine advertisement and that I have not bought space here. Would you have me do that in order to offer a free public service, about which I have received thousands of compliments and kudos - off and on the net - from a grateful Readership? "

Although it may not provide as much attraction as a thread devoted to it, it is generally better received to include references to your services either on your profile or sneak them into conversations. For instance, we might have started to debate on the influence of horse-riding nomads and you might have pointed out that you provide an extended reading of your views located at such and such a website.

"Thank you for reading this missive.
Please stay in touch. "

I intend to. You sound like quite the interesting chap.

Kaiduorkhon said:
Dear Genji:
The only thing that's on the market here is the intrigue and duplicity of your reversely confessing, self identifying motivation as a spammer.
LOL! I just learned how to copy & paste two weeks ago! So no, I don't flood the board with full page size copy from books and magazines. I don't post page size copies of work that isn't credited and I don't think people that do are any smarter than a common gerbil. It simply reveals someone that is incapable of coming up with their own words.

Dear Prince James:
You sound like quite the interesting good sport.

The answers to your timely questions are in (especially the introductory portions of) http://forums.delphiforums.com/EinsteinGroupie. The first edition of my book was consigned to and sold out - on consignment - in 41 California bookstores, in 1970. The same year it was included in the Portola Institute's WHOLE EARTH CATALOGUE and sold out internationally through the mail (There are only 20,000 copies of it in the world and all nine editions are sold out. On the other hand, short of a few missing illustrations, the condensed version of the 627 page 1979 copyrighted - largest edition of the - book, is available right now at the above URL).

Thanks for being.
Please stay in touch.
Perhaps you could let me know what you think of the posted condensed edition (its a rough draft work in progress, but it works).
I've also got a sold out work in progress at http://forums.delphiforums.com/subedai (as you may have heard?)

Kaiduorkhon said:
Dear Prince James:
You sound like quite the interesting good sport.

The answers to your timely questions are in (especially the introductory portions of) http://forums.delphiforums.com/EinsteinGroupie. The first edition of my book was consigned to and sold out - on consignment - in 41 California bookstores, in 1970. The same year it was included in the Portola Institute's WHOLE EARTH CATALOGUE and sold out internationally through the mail (There are only 20,000 copies of it in the world and all nine editions are sold out. On the other hand, short of a few missing illustrations, the condensed version of the 627 page 1979 copyrighted - largest edition of the - book, is available right now at the above URL).

Thanks for being.
Please stay in touch.
Perhaps you could let me know what you think of the posted condensed edition (its a rough draft work in progress, but it works).
I've also got a sold out work in progress at http://forums.delphiforums.com/subedai (as you may have heard?)
ADVERTISE your published books at SciForums! NO CHARGE! (Like I said: SPAM.)

Genji said:
LOL! I just learned how to copy & paste two weeks ago! So no, I don't flood the board with full page size copy from books and magazines. I don't post page size copies of work that isn't credited and I don't think people that do are any smarter than a common gerbil. It simply reveals someone that is incapable of coming up with their own words.

If that limpid barb was aimed at me, there's about 100,000 people including a passel of distinguished scientists who disagree with you. Moreover, it's always a good idea to read any work before you critique it. I do anthologize a lot of other work, but my prolific narration connects unprecedented prespectives and previously unrelated material as never before. Yes. I authenticate my work often, by the testimony of recognized authorities. Very few contributions to science are new, more often they are re-cognitions of what was already known but unrecognized. You may cherish this as you choose to vainly deign. Until if and when the issued work is disqualified, impertinent diversions such as yours are more dust in the wind.

Sincere thanks for your contribution to the book about the book.
Stick around, it gets better.

Kaiduorkhon said:
If that limpid barb was aimed at me, there's about 100,000 people including a passel of distinguished scientists who disagree with you. Moreover, it's always a good idea to read any work before you critique it. I do anthologize a lot of other work, but my prolific narration connects unprecedented prespectives and previously unrelated material as never before. Yes. I authenticate my work often, by the testimony of recognized authorities. Very few contributions to science are new, more often they are re-cognitions of what was already known but unrecognized. You may cherish this as you choose to vainly deign. Until if and when the issued work is disqualified, impertinent diversions such as yours are more dust in the wind.

Sincere thanks for your contribution to the book about the book.
Stick around, it gets better.
I just don't think real writers brag on free forums. Still not impressed. NEXT!

Dear Genji:
You'll find a need for another place to grind out your personal and public axes or taxes. Thank you for your rare and stimulating motivations and style. The last word or words are all yours. (You - and yours - are ostensibly the dominant paradigm. <You prevail, as only you and yours can>.) Good nite.

Kaiduorkhon:

"The answers to your timely questions are in (especially the introductory portions of) http://forums.delphiforums.com/EinsteinGroupie. The first edition of my book was consigned to and sold out - on consignment - in 41 California bookstores, in 1970. The same year it was included in the Portola Institute's WHOLE EARTH CATALOGUE and sold out internationally through the mail (There are only 20,000 copies of it in the world and all nine editions are sold out. On the other hand, short of a few missing illustrations, the condensed version of the 627 page 1979 copyrighted - largest edition of the - book, is available right now at the above URL)."

Thank you for the providing of such information.

"Perhaps you could let me know what you think of the posted condensed edition (its a rough draft work in progress, but it works).
I've also got a sold out work in progress at http://forums.delphiforums.com/subedai (as you may have heard?) "

Thus far I must report a great deal of confusion in regards to the book presented under "Einstein". Often it seems the parts are only tenuously connected and it seems a bit out of place. For instance, it just seems like one or two posts of yours in one section, then nothing else. Might it not be possible that you could simply create a *.doc or *.txt (which would be very easy to put up on any website) of your works? This way it would be one, consistant bit of text, that one might even print with relatively little difficulty.

On the other hand, your other book is a bit easier to read, although still a bit jumbled compared to what would be preferable. My suggestions for the first book stand, in essence.

Also, I have found two errors in it:

"The Original Wild Horse, originating in North America, evolved from Eohippus - 'the Dawn Horse’, - of about 50,000,000 years ago; then evolved to the Tarpan and Barb - husbandried in North Africa"

This first error is a compound error.

For one, the animal species is properly called hyracotherium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyracotherium) with the name you reference it as being but alternative name given to it by a co-finder which is not used as the true name of the animal any more.

Secondly, the animal was also evolving in Europe and Asia, not just North America. It would do well to note that the continents at that tiem looked like this: http://www.scotese.com/newpage9.htm

Thirdly, it is improper to say that this creature evolved directly into the horse, without references to the myriad evolutionary forms before it.

Your second error is found here:

1. Primitive/Ritual Warfare - To establish territorial boundaries, exercise and brandish military strength while doing a minimum of damage to enemy property; causing a minimum of wounds and mortalities to or against the participating oppositional warriors. Although there are exceptions to the rule in Primitive or Ritual Warfare, the rule is to spare non-combatants and not claim previously unoccupied territory, even when it is won by force. Armor is not used in primitive warfare beyond many different kinds of shields and very light, crude body armors. Weapons include hand thrown rocks and spears, stone throwing slings, makeshift bows, arrows and blow-guns and, taking cover as the available touraine affords.

This is incorrect. If we are to assume "primtive warfare" includes actions of war by bands and the like, then we must conclude something wholly different from what you say. The mortality rate would be close to fifty percent. http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Front_Page/HG04Aa02.html

Back