Various Types of Meditation

Minimed

Registered Member
Astral
Trancedental (sp?)
Introspective
etc...
There are many different types and methods of meditating.

Hello, I'm new to the forum and had a question about the type of meditation I am doing.
I basically go into a completely silent and non material state. Basically I am at great peace and I feel as if my physical body has fizzled out some where.
What type of meditation is this?
I have had a couple of experiences years back when I first started meditating. My eyes were actually open and for a split moment there was nothing but white light around me. The first time it happened I got a little frightened and popped out of it. The second time, I actually was in it long enough to realize that I had my eyes wide open. What kind of meditation was this?

This is detachment - you can feel it normally while diving or doing Ketamine, or laying very still meditating.

The white-light I would point at desensitizing rods or something on that line.

I can have that white-light thing, but it's not relaxing. Like tentacles from another world trying to reach your soul.

Last edited:
I have had a couple of experiences years back when I first started meditating. My eyes were actually open and for a split moment there was nothing but white light around me. The first time it happened I got a little frightened and popped out of it.

The second time, I actually was in it long enough to realize that I had my eyes wide open. What kind of meditation was this?
Minimed, I can only give you the opinion that meditation has nothing to do with any unusual perception.

Meditation is not an action or perception of any sort....rather it is a state in which there is an *absence* of the usual restlessness of body and mind.

When stillness no longer encounters any resistance...you will know you have arrived past a major tipping point.

Last edited:
I basically go into a completely silent and non material state. Basically I am at great peace and I feel as if my physical body has fizzled out some where.

Sleeping?:)

Astral
Trancedental (sp?)
Introspective
etc...
There are many different types and methods of meditating.

Hello, I'm new to the forum and had a question about the type of meditation I am doing.

Try Transcendental Meditation. It is good for ya.

Back