Unstable? The next "V tech shooter"?

Katana

Registered Member
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/378086 Here is a link to the controversial game where you take on the role of Cho and work your way through 3 levels of (mostly) killing people. Then you kill yourself...

http://www.gearlive.com/news/article/q107-virginia-tech-game-not-amusing/ And here is the link to some rather disturbing background information about the creator of the game, truth? I do not know, however I run here in the hope that I am not the only one to condemn such a game for being sick and distasteful, the site Newgrounds is in uproar over whether to keep the content as it is the last remaining site to keep a copy that is playable. After much discussion the flash was deemed to not be in breach of its rules and kept. A majority have judged it to be "funny", those who dislike it (even people who survived the massacre and visit Newgrounds regularly posted) have abuse thrown at them.

I ask you lot now...What good is Freedom of speech (Oh how ironic that it ISN'T) when sick content like this is allowed? I know I cannot change anyones opinions but I would still like to hear it.

Sick society will make sick games, we can only produce what we are caperable off.

This game just like the shootings themselves are a barometer of a failed system. We need games like this and shootings to make us aware of what is happening.

The website you are trying to view is a phishing scam site that steals personal information.

The very next thing I saw after posting this comment proves my point. On my hotmail account there is an advert for NikeId, which you can to a limited degree design your own trainers.

It then goes on to show a number of this shoes and tags a logo with them. One of the says some like 'Nick's are fcked up' and 'Mick's are Gangstr'.

Now these adverts were designed by some of the highest paid people in America and we are surrounded by this crap. It really was the first thing I saw after my last post that is how prevalent this type of crap is.

Now Cho was a messed up kid, a victim of modern society, and the designer of that game is many levels down from Cho but part of the same system.

Cho was the tip of a huge iceberg but I believe it was society that drove him to act in the way he did and until people see that and make radical changes then there will be many more Cho's.

I am in no way surprised that this game was made. Why should some kid at a computer somewhere worry about what content he produces when Nike are doing the same kind of thing to make huge amounts of money? And nobody is questioning them!

How is this new video game different to any of the other "war" games? I mean, I play "Falcon 4" where I use my F-16 to bomb North Korean targets and shoot down North Korean MIGs. What's the difference ...really?

Baron Max

That's hilarious, man I gotta try it, the one about Columbine was way to hard though, I kept trying to get through the lunch room area but it was nearly impossible :C~ The hall monitors always got me!

That's hilarious, man I gotta try it, the one about Columbine was way to hard though, I kept trying to get through the lunch room area but it was nearly impossible :C~ The hall monitors always got me!

Cho, is that you Cho? ;)

Back