Unspeakable horror

Tiassa

Let us not launch the boat ...
Valued Senior Member
Let me put it this way:

The story involved is unspeakably horrific, involves a dead infant and a father charged with a ghastly crime that tests the limits of our imagination.​

The accused killer, Christopher Ryan Richardson, wept in court as District Court Judge David Bajorek set bond at $1,000,000. Richardson, who is also accused of failing to answer unrelated domestic violence charges, has offered to provide blood evidence to prove his innocence.

Neveah Ann Richardson was eight days old at the time of her death.

Kim Kozlowski's story for the Detroit News can be read here. (Subject matter warning)

We will follow this grim, devastating story. There will be no question of justice. The best we can hope for is to understand something about why this happened.

... The murder charges carry mandatory sentences of life in prison without parole, while the maximum penalty for the other charges are life in prison and 15 years, respectively.

Richardson vehemently denied the charges during his arraignment this afternoon, calling the acts "psychotic."

"Never in my life would I do some (expletive) like this," Richardson said, as several people in 25th District Court shed tears but declined to comment afterward.

The charges came after Nevaeh Ann Richardson was rushed to Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital bleeding on the day after Thanksgiving shortly before midnight. She died the following day and the Wayne County Medical Examiner ruled her death a homicide.

(Kozlowski)

Back