Universe is infinite

Muslim

Immortal
Valued Senior Member
Hi,

I was deciding where I should post this, in this section of in the philosophy section, I figured they are probably all drunk in there or high on drugs so I decided to post in this section.

I was thinking...

I have it all in my head just don't know how I am going to explain it.

OK, we know the universe exists. We also know it is expanding, so we know at one point the universe was infinitesimally small. But my theory is that there was always a plane like a canvas which is infinite and it is on that, that our universe exists. In other words I think there have innumerable other universes existing on this plane, and when they glide into each other. Like a bubble since a bubble would be the best shape.

And the dark matter/gravity is just the shit that is part of the canvas/plane, it is coming in form there into our universe...

OK... Imagine a bath full of water which (in this case the water is infinite) and there are bubbles on top of the water, there an infinite bubbles. When the bubbles go into each other and touch sometimes other bubbles are created maybe smaller ones or larger ones, and it is this were our universe came form, like a touching of the pre-existing bubbles on the canvas which created our universe, like appearing to come out of nothingness. And all these other forces like gravity is just the water on the canvas which has a force on the bubble.

When these bubbles get massive, they pop and the universe comes to an end... But since there are infinite bubbles, we just exist in some of those other bubbles to, but those bubbles might be smaller or bigger then the current bubble we exist inside. So the same laws don't really apply since the sizes are different, the force of the gravity might be stronger or weaker...

Its just a theory, does not mean I believe init.

Also can we not test the current universe, if we are in a bubble universe then we can maybe somehow measure this (I suck at math by the way) if it is a bubble it is going to have dimensions right, and by the curve of the universe we can measure if it is a bubble right and how big it is? But we would need something very accurate as a tool to measure, something like very strong string, wait or like lasers or something, I don't know the engineers will have to work that out.

So we don't need to say things like "god created the universe" no it came form a bubble it just happened because it had an infinite chance of happening. It just happened, there is nothing amazing about it, we are just here and we are just shit we kill each other we are just stupid like that. we are humans and we are just shit, there is no god. thats it.

step...away...from...the...pipe...

Well debunk it then. If I am wrong point it out, saying that does not do anything. If you have better idea why don't you tell us? At least I think about this stuff even though it might be wrong. What can you give us? other then stupid comments?

I don't mind your comment personally, but I am just saying it does not do anything, if everyone want around saying things like this to each other then we would never get anywhere, we might as well go back to living in caves and believing in magic.

OK, we know the universe exists. We also know it is expanding, so we know at one point the universe was infinitesimally small. But my theory is that there was always a plane like a canvas which is infinite and it is on that, that our universe exists.
The cosmologists on this forum, who presumably represent the profession of cosmology, say that you are wrong. They insist that the "canvas" came into existence with the Big Bang. "Before" the Big Bang (and it's hard to understand what the word "before" can possibly mean in this model of the universe) there was no space-time continuum. No distance, no duration, no comparisons, no coordinates, no dimensions of any kind (even empty ones), no frame of reference. The word "nothing" takes on a whole new meaning and (speaking as the Linguistics Moderator) requires someone to pretty quickly come up with new terminology before they confuse us any further.

My own way of making some pitiful sort of sense out of this is to graph time on a logarithmic scale. The Big Bang is then at minus infinity, an Absolute Zero like the absolute zero of temperature. To ask what occurred or existed "before the Big Bang" then becomes logically, not just scientifically, meaningless. As meaningless as asking how molecules would behave if their temperature dropped below absolute zero.

For the record, I always point out that the Big Bang can be regarded as a local reversal of entropy: the sudden existence of order where there was none. The Second Law of Thermodynamics allows for (spatially and temporally) local reversals of entropy, and puts no limit on their size. Therefore other Big Bangs may have/are/will occur, perhaps a googolplex years in the past or future and/or a googolplex light-years from here, so we will never have any way to be aware of them.

Last edited:
The cosmologists on this forum, who presumably represent the profession of cosmology, say that you are wrong. They insist that the "canvas" came into existence with the Big Bang. "Before" the Big Bang (and it's hard to understand what the word "before" can possibly mean in this model of the universe) there was no space-time continuum. No distance, no duration, no comparisons, no coordinates, no dimensions of any kind (even empty ones), no frame of reference. The word "nothing" takes on a whole new meaning and (speaking as the Linguistics Moderator) requires someone to pretty quickly come up with new terminology before they confuse us any further.

My own way of making some pitiful sort of sense out of this is to graph time on a logarithmic scale. The Big Bang is then at minus infinity, an Absolute Zero like the absolute zero of temperature. To ask what occurred or existed "before the Big Bang" then becomes logically, not just scientifically, meaningless. As meaningless as asking how molecules would behave if their temperature dropped below absolute zero.

For the record, I always point out that the Big Bang can be regarded as a local reversal of entropy: the sudden existence of order where there was none. The Second Law of Thermodynamics allows for (spatially and temporally) local reversals of entropy, and puts no limit on their size. Therefore other Big Bangs may have/are/will occur, perhaps a googolplex years in the past or future and/or a googolplex light-years from here, so we will never have any way to be aware of them.

Nothingness as in the space inbtween atoms smallest constituents?

Before the big bang there was a void. You can't sat it was infinite, because you have nothing to measure it by. You can't measure, it, because it doesn't exist, it's a void.

It really is an interesting question, how things came to be the way they are, why we seem to have the natural laws we have. My response is that whatever the real "answer" is, we puny mortal human beings probably have absolutely zero means of comprehending it or relating to it, even if that answer was staring us right in the face.

"A void", doesn't necessarily mean a "Static void" it could potentially mean "a void that exist based upon it's relative position" and involve velocity. For instance if you could move faster than the expanse of the universe, you would enter a void, a void that would soon be populated by the universe, however it would generate a rather unique potential... imagine injection matter into the void prior to the universe catching up?!? (Merging universes/galaxies anyone?)

Okay it's not a standard feat. it's not like there is some universe slider gun (Conways game of life) that can be created.... unless it is all just an emulation!!!

It really is an interesting question, how things came to be the way they are, why we seem to have the natural laws we have. My response is that whatever the real "answer" is, we puny mortal human beings probably have absolutely zero means of comprehending it or relating to it, even if that answer was staring us right in the face.

I agree with that and I would add we must get used the idea
are things that we'll never know.

Before the big bang there was a void. You can't sat it was infinite, because you have nothing to measure it by. You can't measure, it, because it doesn't exist, it's a void.

I am not talking about the "void" I am promising, that the universe came out of the void, this happens all the time, this happens infinitely is what I am saying. The canvas all this happens on on which the universe appears is infinite. It is just bubbles appearing on this which give rise to universes, and sometimes there are collisions, and sometimes these bubbles collapse or other times they expand. At any given time, the bubbles are either expanding or collapsing, they are never static.

I don't know, that is why I am saying, it might be that. Since it gives a good explanation, rather then just saying something magical happened.

Back