True or False

Marshall said:
The Christian Religion believes Jesus and the lord God are one.
M*W: I have my doubts about this. There seems to be a difference between "Jesus" and the "Lord" and "God" and "YHWH" and, so on and on. Christians think Jesus is God. I think not. God is the creator, Jesus is the created. YHWH is the jealous god. Maybe YHWH is Lucifer. I don't know. What I do know is there's a hierarchy of creators, masters, governers, etc., but Christianity doesn't provide the truth about these governers.

Marshall said:
believing without having any real evidence/proof equals knowing nothing!

I find it ironic that Christians believe Jesus as God, but ask someone if they're Christian and they will say "yes" and then ask them if God and Jesus are the same...they always say "no, Jesus is the son of God"

Marshal, your question is hedged with ambiguity. The lord God could refer to the entire Trinity, the Father, the Son, or the Holy Spirit. Without knowing which one you are referring to we cannot give you an answer.

Yo,

1. Do Christians believe Jesus is God?

2. Do Christians believe God is omnipotent?

Allcare.

How do you even know there was a Jesus? This Jesus person was not mentioned anywhere outside of the Bible by the writers of that time. I am not attacking your faith. If you found somewhere that he was mentioned. I would sure reconsider. This is just an honest question.

Ebony said:
How do you even know there was a Jesus? This Jesus person was not mentioned anywhere outside of the Bible by the writers of that time. I am not attacking your faith. If you found somewhere that he was mentioned. I would sure reconsider. This is just an honest question.
M*W: It seems that history must have somehow 'overlooked' Jesus' existence in his day. If Mark was the first gospel written, then the Jesus story was first written in about 70 AD (some 40 years after Jesus was gone from the scene). It is a well-known fact that Paul commissioned the gospels to be written, with the exception of possibly the Gospel of John which was written in about 100 AD after Paul's head rolled. Other theorists believe that the Gospel of John and Revelations were really written by Mary Magdalene in an enigmatic code. The only way to prove that Jesus truly existed is to research the person closest to him during his lifetime, and that would be Mary Magdalene.

Marshall said:

The answer is True AND False.

There are three schools of thought regarding christian diety.

* The Trinitarian concept - One God in three distinct persons. Three distinct persons sharing one substance of the divinity. Therefore the Father is fully God, the son is fully God, the spirit is fully God, but there is only one God, not three. The Roman Catholic church and most protestant churches hold to this theory.

* The Oneness concept - One God in three modes of operation. Like the sun. A morning sun, A noon sun, An afternoon sun. Likewise god appears as the father, he appears as the sun, and he appears as the holy spirit. A few protestant churches hold to this belief.

* The Unitarian concept - One God, the Father only. Jesus was just a glorified prophet. The Holy Spirit was just the force from God. The Jehovahs Witnesses is the largest sect to hold to this theory.

I like the concept of God being a trinity, at any time 2/3'ds are required for a decission. That would also prevent any 1/3 God to see into the future, effectively removing free will from himself and people. A system of check and balances would prevent a 1/3 god from abusing his power.

Is it a wonder that our goverment is based on a trinity?

The trinitarian concept also allows god to practice all his attributes even before the creation.

Greco said:
I like the concept of God being a trinity, at any time 2/3'ds are required for a decission. That would also prevent any 1/3 God to see into the future, effectively removing free will from himself and people. A system of check and balances would prevent a 1/3 god from abusing his power.

Is it a wonder that our goverment is based on a trinity?

Not at all so.

I don't have my Bible with me right now but I believe the verse is in the book of Isaiah, Isaiah chapter 5, in fact. God DOES NOT need "2/3'ds" of Himself to make a decision. You are contradicting yourself immensely. Since the fullness of the Godhead is in Christ, I forget where exactly in the Pauline epistles this is (I think it's Romans chapter 1), it is IMPOSSIBLE to even refer to Him as 2/3ds since infinity CANNOT be divided into three. How can an unmeasurable God, so boundless in all His ways, be "measured" into 3 parts?

Think wisely before ridiculing yourself.

Back