Traitor!

spidergoat

pubic diorama
Valued Senior Member
Is this the first sign of the coming apocalypse?

from Ghost Busters:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

Mind if I feed you to the Sta-Puft Marshmellow Man first? I need a few minutes to finish this sudoku.

I read the first sentence and I claim "bullshit." This reminds me of the Virgin Mary figurine that "cried blood." Turned out to be a fake.

It could be possible(of course, not in real life). I read a study where dogs adoped fox-like traits after being raise around foxes for so many generations. Foxes are a lot closer to dogs than cats though.

No. The cat didn't give birth to puppies.
Interspecies adoption is one thing (even humans have been adopted and raised by various animals), but breeding is entirely another.

That said:

caughtintheacttk9.jpg

Is this the first sign of the coming apocalypse?

*tsk*

No......

The first sign is when the "Plague" kills off all the dogs & cats...

The second is when people start keeping monkeys as pets, then making butlers out of 'em...

buck3zg9.jpg

The Fifth Horseman ???

It seems these days that the once solid definition that members of one species cannot reproduce with members of others has been proved untrue. Of course, as the poster in the first link says, Ligers have been created from Lions and tigers and also killer whales have successfully reproduced with dolphins.
Interestingly enough, it seems that (however unlikely) animals up to the classification of "family" can interbreed under certain conditions however those of different "orders" definitely cannot.

Back