Tragedy in Georgia

wesmorrisbabe

Ethusiastic bistander
Registered Senior Member
Three adults and a ten-month old child were found shot do death in rural Georgia. Three young girls are missing. It's possible that the father of the ten-month old and of two of the missing girls is the suspect. Sick fucker! [See MSNBC.com. ]

wesmorrisbabe said:
Three adults and a ten-month old child were found shot do death in rural Georgia. Three young girls are missing. It's possible that the father of the ten-month old and of two of the missing girls is the suspect. Sick fucker! [See MSNBC.com. ]
A really tiny percentage of the human race has always been sick fuckers. It's just that there are now six billion of us so that makes for a lot of sick fuckers. Unfortunately the news media think it's more important to tell us about them than about stuff that would help us make informed decisions and elect better leaders.

I too am sad that there is evil in the world but there is far greater evil than this. Please don't be an enabler. Don't help the media distract us from what matters.

I too am sad that there is evil in the world but there is far greater evil than this. Please don't be an enabler. Don't help the media distract us from what matters.

The media warning against this sick fuck matters and she is merely passing on the news.

A really tiny percentage of the human race has always been sick fuckers. It's just that there are now six billion of us so that makes for a lot of sick fuckers. Unfortunately the news media think it's more important to tell us about them than about stuff that would help us make informed decisions and elect better leaders.

Perhaps its because most people who watch the news are not doing anything about it, thus the cycle continues. It is all too easy to change the channel and live out the rest of life oblivious. This is barely scratching the surface of what occurs everyday in our own civilization, but we are constantly distracted from it, or told to be good little individualists and ignore it. One drawback of democracy is the inability to act upon social problems in a quick manner, and even to recognize problems (many people don't seem concerned about the horrendous education of their children). On the other hand, such behavior will probably always exist...we are humans after all, and what are humans but animals?

All our efforts aren’t going to be able to stop tragedy entirely Hastein, and if they do we are probably getting way to invasive. Bad stuff happens some times, this was a particularly awful thing, but the reason people like you think its a societal problem of epidemic proportions is because of media bias. If it bleeds it leads. They scour the world for stories like this, the more tawdry or violent the better, and it creates the impression that in some places this is the norm. Its not, and people everywhere cant stop watching news like this because we are fascinated, or frightened, so they go out and get more for us to watch. To say that its societies fault is just so much bull.

I know, I agree with you. I am not morality outraged at it because it is a natural part of existence. What bothers me is the public apathy towards it, and that's what I'm getting at.

Back