Time Traveler busted for Stock Market forecasting!!!

Well Duh!
duh.gif

A friend sent this to me today...had us rolling on the floor at work...actually I was with a computer engineer and an electrical engineer...so we becan discussing the feasibility of time travel....but it was still funny.

Usually these stories have to have a tinge of truth to them...but i can't track down ANY info on this. Sometimes its fun to investigate weekly world news stories and get the real story and find out how tame it is.

-AntonK

Think about it, though, with millions of modern dollars he may be rich in modern times, but with 225 years of inflation all those millions won't buy him a cheese burger!

Question:
Is the Andrew Carlssin case for real?

Answer:
Many investors and other members of the public have asked us about news reports concerning the Andrew Carlssin, an alleged "time-traveler" who supposedly made a fortune in the stock market by trading in the year 2003 based on information gleaned from his travels to the future. The reports appear to be a hoax. The SEC has not, in fact, brought an enforcement action against any such person.

Source: SEC Fast Answers

Actually FTL information exchange is possible, take for instance an experiment that sent Mozart's 40th at a blistering 4.7 times the speed of light.

Just understand that 4.7 times the speed of light doesn't mean that things reverse or anything bizarre like that, it just means that information transversing the usual distance, did so far quicker.

It is known that you could have two datalines of information, one running at light speed or less, while the other is the 4.7 the speed of light dataline.

that line would be fed by the normal speed line, however alterations caused by the paradox of alterations based upon changes from the normal dataline to the faster than light one would cause information changes, in the sense the data would become unstabley chaotic in nature, a fractal algorythm.

This means only very small instances of "divination" would be possible.

however there is theory into the utilisation of such smaller "Quantum leaps", being Cascaded to generate longer time distortions, the problem here is that any small paradoxical alteration could cause "universies to diverge", in the sense that "future information" would no longer be consistant with the "universe" that was using it.

Don't forget that such small paradoxical events could be quite large ones that would shut down a market for a couple of days like for instance, Sept 11th.

From what I've read....faster than light is possible. You can send a light beam that reaches its target faster than light...but no INFORMATION can travel faster than light. The appearant speed increase is more a mathemtical thing.

-AntonK

Note: the source cited for this report "Weekly World News" is the fake news paper you see in supermaket checkout lines with headlines like "Rat boy escapes" or "Aliens kidnap presedent"

somone was asking if the guy was still in prizon. There was no guy, this isnt an embelished story it is a fictional one.

Weekly World News is just a Fun-News Newspaper

Almost 90% of the content is invented and is purely comical

I like buying tabloids every once in awhile. It's probably been a few months since the last one....

I remember seeing one a few days ago with a doctored picture of Hillary standing next to an alien and shaking hands with it. Don't remember the headline, though.

Have you ever read the advice columns they have? They're obviously fake, all written in the same style, and each person seems stupider than the last. One man didn't want to switch on his turn signal when driving because he didn't want the people behind him to know where he was going, that he had a right to privacy.

Yum.

Back