Time travel will never happen

Ekimklaw

Believer in God
Registered Senior Member
We never will invent the time machine, because if we had've people from the future would be here. ;)

How come you are so sure that there are no people from the future here? How do you know that for sure?

Never heard from the Time Keepers...?

BTW, a late welcome to Sciforums, Ekimklaw. :) May you find all the discussions you like here at the Forums...

I checked that site, but as soon as it mentioned "Tachyon Accelerator" it suddenly lost all plausability.
If your unaware, Tachyons are a product of Star Trek, and was just some technobabble that the crew could spit out.

One other proposterous manovre would have been the "Time Gate" of "placing it without solid rock". Ever seen "the Philaedelphia Experiment" lets just say when your future comes round, you'll be digging a whole for the gate and find your own skeleton embedded within the rock like some fossil.

I would say that there is a probability of being able to manipulate time, possibly even transverse it.

But can you image the shear Chaos of people appearing from the future and manipulating the timeline to new directions. In fact the Chaos might even cause bizarre reactions as differing timelines overlay each other and cause "Quantum Mismatches".
(A state a believe that can contribute to an almost fusion effect).

I dont really believe in the Chronos site. I agree with you that it does sound like something from Star Trek, but why are they trying to explain time travel theory if it's not real? Are they really telling the truth or is it just too complicated for many to understand and become fooled by Chronos?

Last edited by a moderator:
You may be able to speed up or slow down pockets of time. But that will not help you to change the primary time. Imagine you have a time bubble around your house. You can turn on the switch at 12 AM and slow it down at half speed. So after one hour you get out of the house and 2 hours has passed - or you speed it up such that 4 hour passed to you while only 2 hour passed outside. This can be done I think. But how does that help you - you can not go back before you turned on the switch.

time

Time is flexible. All of us are time travellers. Speed sends us into the future. A clock sitting on a runway would give a different time to a synchronised one which concord had flown round the planet. Don't believe me? Find out for yourself!!!

we believe you. it's basic relativity,but tht still doesn't help us to travel back in time :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Stryderunknown
I checked that site, but as soon as it mentioned "Tachyon Accelerator" it suddenly lost all plausability.
If your unaware, Tachyons are a product of Star Trek, and was just some technobabble that the crew could spit out.
Actually tachyons are theoretical particles that move faster than the speed of light. Star Trek isn't all technobabble you know. They have scientists they use as consultants so they use a lot of stuff right from actual theoretical physics.
You may be able to speed up or slow down pockets of time. But that will not help you to change the primary time. Imagine you have a time bubble around your house. You can turn on the switch at 12 AM and slow it down at half speed. So after one hour you get out of the house and 2 hours has passed - or you speed it up such that 4 hour passed to you while only 2 hour passed outside. This can be done I think. But how does that help you - you can not go back before you turned on the switch.
That's quite an interesting idea. Do you really think it's viable? How do you think it might be done?

Oh, and in response to the first post:
Why do you think that? Of all the time spanning all the universe, what makes you think a time traveller would even come to earth, let alone come during a time when we're here?

I agree, Alpha, I heard on some more offical-looking sites (don't know where they are) that tachyons really are theoretical, that they are defined as faster-than-light subatomic particles.

The mind boggling thing about this is that from the tachyon's point of view, it is existing before the universe began. I'm sort of a lawnchair astronomy dude when it comes to relativity but when you reach the speed of light, time stops-correct? So if you go faster than the speed of light, you could actually travel backward in time, instead of forward, like you do when you accelerate. Kind of like a mirror affect I guess.

But as for time travel, I couldn't care less about if it was invented, because once such machines became popular it would destroy the adventure-y part of travelling through time since everyone else was doing it. You're no longer Indiana Jones, you're just that tourist guy asking Ahketaten (the hippy Pharaoh I believe!)directions to the Nile Delta.

Tachyons from Wolfram research:

Tachyons are a putative class of particles which able to travel faster than the speed of light. Tachyons were first proposed by physicist Arnold Sommerfeld, and named by Gerald Feinberg. The word tachyon derives from the Greek (tachus), meaning "speedy." Tachyons have the strange properties that, when they lose energy, they gain speed. Consequently, when tachyons gain energy, they slow down. The slowest speed possible for tachyons is the speed of light.

Tachyons appear to violate causality (the so-called causality problem), since they could be sent to the past under the assumption that the principle of special relativity is a true law of nature, thus generating a real unavoidable time paradox (Maiorino and Rodrigues 1999). Therefore, it seems unavoidable that if tachyons exist, the principle of special relativity must be false, and there exists a unique time order for all observers in the universe independent of their state of motion.

Tachyons can be assigned properties of normal matter such as spin, as well as an antiparticle (the antitachyon). And amazingly, modern presentations of tachyon theory actually allow tachyons to actually have real mass (Recami 1996).

It has been proposed that tachyons could be produced from high-energy particle collisions, and tachyon searches have been undertaken in cosmic rays. Cosmic rays hit the Earth's atmosphere with high energy (some of them with speed almost 99.99% of the speed of light) making several collisions with the molecules in the atmosphere. The particles made by this collision interact with the air, creating even more particles in a phenomenon known as a cosmic ray shower. In 1973, using a large collection of particle detectors, Philip Crough and Roger Clay identified a putative superluminal particle in an air shower, although this result has never been reproduced.

There are plenty of references in Google.....whether it is mass scientist hysteria is another matter....

Actually why should time traveling not exist people? What about the Ancient Time Travellers? Story goes they had flying machines and left the Earth long, long ago, because of a disaster which wiped out the Land on which they were living. It is said, these people are still making their voyages to Earth, their offspring, that is.

Mark that I said: "Story goes..."

;)

Back