Thought process or the voice of God

TheoryOfRelativity:

I often think of my subconscious as working on its own. In fact, I have often experienced a sudden flash of revelation over a problem that I had seemingly buried into my subconscious for computation. This has happened several times.

Example: I was using the bathroom one day when my answer to Hume's Fork came to me. Litterally as if out of no where the theory popped into mind. It has since become a crucial part of my metaphysics.

...why is it there and we can't reach it....most of the time?
Quite often, in the case of problem to be solved, you have non-necessary constraints limiting you. For example the "thinking out side the box" is not done. This is also why (because the logic of dreams is different from awake logic) that solutions may be found while you sleep.

TheoryOfRelativity:

I often think of my subconscious as working on its own. In fact, I have often experienced a sudden flash of revelation over a problem that I had seemingly buried into my subconscious for computation. This has happened several times.

Example: I was using the bathroom one day when my answer to Hume's Fork came to me. Litterally as if out of no where the theory popped into mind. It has since become a crucial part of my metaphysics.

Mine too

I carry problems that require solving around in my head for few days before trying to solve them consciously. I just let the 'question' sit there and ponder the question without applying any particular effort. Only after the answer begins to 'appear' will I sit down and deal with it. This relates to design or personal problems etc.

Example: Designing a hand made card (hobby of mine) , I can't sit down and cunjur up a unique design on the spot, so I carry the details of what the sender wants in my head. An idea will come eventually, but I don't sit and try to force an idea. Our subconscious as dreams demonstrate (as Billy T said) is more creative it seems.

How precisely do you theorize the lgoic of dreams and the waking world differ?
I have only read a little about the "logic of dreams." - It is a fairly well understood logic. Some non-(awake)-logical operations are permitted. I forget most of the details, but for example, time is very flexible. You can in dream be older than your mother, helping her correct your sister, etc. However, there are "logical rules" even in dreams. Not sure now, but think you can not be in two different places during the time sequence that is unfolding in the dream but you can be younger in the last part of the dream than you were at the start. - Do some research on this and post what you find about "dream logic."

TheoryOfRelativity:

I rather envision it like allowing the subconscious to compute in the background of the mind. To be working at the problem from various angles, considering things, and otherwise formulating ideas and when it is done, to "ding!" into the conscious mind. Of course, this sort of personalizes the subconscious.

Ha ha, is my anima doing computations for me?

Billy T:

Okay, now I grasp what you were referencing. I had thought you were speaking of something entirely different.

TheoryOfRelativity:

Must. Resist. Poop. Jokes.

Back