This is what you must do when you own slaves!

Joeman

Eviiiiiiiil Clown
Registered Senior Member
Exodus 21:20-21 "And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money."
Basically you can hit your slaves but if you kill them you will be punished. If they get up in a day or two, you are okay because they are your property afterall.

Exodus 21:1-4: "If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing. If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself."
If you own a slave, the person must be freed in 6 years. If you give him a wife however, his children belongs to you.

Leviticus 25:44-46: "Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly."
Fuck Abe Lincoln and Human right groups. They are fricking retarded. Bible said you can buy slaves.

Leviticus 19:20-22: "And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free. And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, even a ram for a trespass offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering before the LORD for his sin which he hath done: and the sin which he hath done shall be forgiven him."

If female slave is not engaged to another men, she can be raped freely. Otherwise an animal must be sacrificed.

That's god for you. What a rules lawyer. While you were perusing the rule book, did you happen to notice the large amount of rules that have to do with detecting skin diseases? And what to do with those who should have said skin conditions? I'm surprised there wasn't a rule on which way to wipe your ass. Front to back or back to front? Oh, that's right, they probably didn't wipe their asses back in those days... :p

Leviticus 28:13
The Lord said to Moses, 14"Speak to the Israelites and say to them:'When any man has fecal discharge, the discharge is unclean, and he shall be unclean till evening. 15When a man has fecal discharge, he must bathe his whole body with water. 16Any clothing or leather that has fecal discharge on it must be washed with water, and will be unclean until evening. 17 When a man has fecal dishcarge, he must count off seven days for his ceremoninal cleansing. On the eighth day he must take two doves or two young pigeons and come before the LORD to the entrance to the Tent of Meeting and give them to the priest. 18The priest is to sacrifice them, the one for a burnt offerning and the other for a sin offering, rubbed in a forward to back motion against the man to ensure the fecal discharge has left him. 19In this way he will make atonement before the LORD for the man because of his fecal discharge.'"

Last edited by a moderator:
You said that so well I almost believed you. My bible stops at Leviticus 27 though. :p Must be the lost Leviticus, eh? :D

I feel it was inspired by God. That's all we really need to have it added, right? ;)

Mmmh, great, rules for fecal discharge. I think we should contact the pope to add this to the bible.

Last edited:
This was during a time when slavery was very common, there are still slavery around us, but under different names.

Laws were needed to control slavery, and the acts against the slaves were probably alot more brutal than the ones that is described in the Bible. If the Bible had laws that made this just slightly less brutal then it's still a change for the better. This may even have lead to the peoples understanding that slavery wasn't good. Maybe the slaves at that time were seen as no more than animals, that there were made laws for them may very well have changed the publics oppinion about them.

Cyperium said:
This was during a time when slavery was very common, there are still slavery around us, but under different names.

Laws were needed to control slavery, and the acts against the slaves were probably alot more brutal than the ones that is described in the Bible. If the Bible had laws that made this just slightly less brutal then it's still a change for the better. This may even have lead to the peoples understanding that slavery wasn't good. Maybe the slaves at that time were seen as no more than animals, that there were made laws for them may very well have changed the publics oppinion about them.

How dare you, you moral relativist scum! The bible is the absolute infallible and inerrant word of god almighty our lord in haven, and everything in it is true! This nation is in a moral crisis! People dancing, slaves nowhere to be seen! Shellfish being eaten with impunity (despite the fact that they are 4x worse than homosexuals according to Leviticus!).

(I'm done role-playing. Why don't folks who talk about the bible like this ever get all righteous about all these issues in the bible that everyone ignores?)

It's called selective memory. Chimp's show this proficiency just as well as religious fanatics. Also, as well as we do in other aspects of our lives. :D

Enigma'07 said:
You are ignoring what the customs of the time were.
That's hilarious... only certain things the bible says are now wrong, while others are OK.

Man, if I didn't know better I'd think it was a book written by man, interpreted by man, and abused by man.

No, that's not what I'm saying. this portion of the Bible was written 2000+ years ago. It tells of the culture then acuratly, but culture changes, so you must study to understand what the main point is. In this case, it's do not abuse other people, even if you are above them.

So you're saying that the bible is outdated and needs to be revamped in order to fit into our new, modern society? How very progressive of you. That thought might get you burned at the stake or stoned in some parts of the world. :D

Enigma'07 said:
No, that's not what I'm saying. this portion of the Bible was written 2000+ years ago. It tells of the culture then acuratly, but culture changes, so you must study to understand what the main point is. In this case, it's do not abuse other people, even if you are above them.

Basically what you are saying is if something in the bible is retarded, don't take it literally. Otherwise bible should be read literally.

That's what you all say.

Oh Man. Your Christian apologists are killing me.

Joeman,
The verses you are using are laws not applicable for Christian. Christians are not under the law of Moses. Christians can not be justified in God by the law of Moses.

Acts 13:39
And by him(Jesus Christ) all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

==========================================
regards,
jocel_gomez@yahoo.com
member of Church of God International
http://www.angdatingdaan.org/main.php
http://www.angdatingdaan.org/segments/segments.htm
http://webtv.angdatingdaan.net/

invert_nexus said:
So you're saying that the bible is outdated and needs to be revamped in order to fit into our new, modern society? How very progressive of you. That thought might get you burned at the stake or stoned in some parts of the world. :D

Enigma'07 has just proved himself a heretic. Verily, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. :(

jojo said:
Joeman,
The verses you are using are laws not applicable for Christian. Christians are not under the law of Moses. Christians can not be justified in God by the law of Moses.

since one of the characteristics of God is perfection, why would he state one law at the time of moses and then change it at the time of Jesus and then need to change it again for our times. Why not make a law that would endure for all times?

or have the laws changed through the ages as civilization progresses?

but would that negate the idea of it being the word of God?

so then who is righteous enough to have the power to change the word?

....ooohhh man, i am lost.

Back