They stole his weed and smoked it.

halcyonsbane

Registered Member
This is interesting, in a way. My friend John was pulled over recently and almost arrested for possesion of marijuana. He had around a pound of the crap in his car but wasn't arrested. The officer confinscated it and let him go. Anyway to make a long story a little shorter, the cop who pulled him over happened to be the father of an acquaintance of John's. He went to the acquaintances house to buy some weed and ended up buying his own shit back. What was left of it. Apparently the cop and his son smoked or sold half of it . The son was laughing about how his dad gets his dope from the jack asses he pulls over. John being one of the jack asses laughed along, if he get's in trouble again he will go back to jail for a long time. Do you think the cop was immoral, or is John just an idiot for driving around with so much weed?

Last edited:
The answer to your question is........both.

The cop is one of the reasons I could never serve in law enforcement. The hypocracy of arresting somebody(not your friend......this time) for doing something that they themself engage in irratates me. Talk about an abuse of authority and position!

Yes, your friend was way stupid for driving around with that much weed on him.......should have left most of his stash at home. Then he would have had something to go home to so to speak.

That is why I hate cops. They're corrupt bastards. That is a good idea though. You could get rich really fast. Or get a nine millimeter slug put through your head really fast.

I hope that corrupt bastard gets a bag of pot laced with cyanide next time, there is almost nothing worse in my mind than that sort of hypocrisy, the only thing worse is a government that expects everyone in the world to disarm but itself.
also why is it that we grow up being taught that telling on someone is bad, the funny part about that is news orginizations all over the world routinely tell on people and no one gives it a second thought.

Notes from a dying breed

(1) A bag laced with cyanide is a bad idea. Pot doesn't kill, and the anti-drug crowd is itching for another reason to nail marijuana. The last time they got the chance, we heard about pot dealers who shot a sheriff during a drug bust. Killed a cop for a few ounces of weed. What the news failed to mention during their sensationalist shock-at-violent-marijuana story was the pounds of methamphetamine and the equipment to make more. You tell me what the bust was about.

(2) Police are human too. This is why I would move to revoke the special status they receive in the courtroom. A living officer's testimony is unassailable by the presumption of the law, it seems, and if you kill a cop you face the death penalty no matter what the circumstances. I reject this elevation of police officers to a status above the rest of society. If those who offend police officers directly (e.g. attacking, killing) are to receive special punishment, then corrupt cops deserve special punishment. You took a $100 bribe to let a man off? Fine. Life in prison. Period.

(3) Police officers don't respect their badges. Why should I?

When you become a police officer or other official with such authority you make a compromise. Just as a celebrity can expect all manner of unnecessary inquiry into the morbid details of their life, so can a police officer expect to not violate the law intentionally. What? We want athletes to be corruption-free role models, but not the agents of law and order?

And that's not to say our cops don't try. King County, Washington is almost morbidly funny. I'm told that the impetus for a problem that still affects us is an occasion when the cops stormed a house and shot someone to death, but it was the wrong house. Shortly after I moved back to the Seattle area from Oregon, we had a case in which the cops took eleven hours to bring down a crazy man with a sword. Fire hoses, pepper spray, the works. Eleven hours, a very cold, wet, drowned-rat-looking angry man surrendered. The public outcry was violent: Eleven hours? You should have shot him. You made me late to my son's soccer practice! (That example, in fact, is a compressed paraphrase of a letter to the editor of the Seattle Times that I will never forget.) And over the years the police in the area have returned to more direct and violent means, including shooting the mentally ill while they hold a kitchen knife and twitch while well out of range of harming anyone. But things got ridiculous during WTO '99 in Seattle. Police and sheriff's deputies were already taking heat from the public for diverse minor offenses: racial profiling, stealing from corpses ... some officers even tried to sue the estate of a bank robber who killed himself before they could arrest him alleging that his suicide caused them mental anguish at not being able to arrest him .... And then, among other things, the mayor lied and gave SPD a bad name, SPD lied and said they could not have done any more unless they were allowed to investigate citizens at random and survey them inside their homes, and a King County Sheriff's deputy was videotaped in two separate incidents randomly assaulting people. In the first, and most infamous, he beat and sprayed someone kneeling in the street while they attended to an injured protester. In the second, he stopped a car outside the declared security zone, and when the driver rolled down her window, he sprayed both the occupants. The Sheriff fired him. The man protested, and union arbitration ensued. The final ruling was that the Sheriff could not fire him on the grounds that the police, operating in riot gear bearing no distinguishing marks, were considered "a unit", and no one person could be held responsible for the actions of "the unit", even when their face is caught on camera. The Sheriff was forced to reinstate the offending deputy with an apology and back pay.

It would be shortly after the Seattle fracas, incidentally, that the Philadelphia chief of police, standing with his bicycle corps during an international conference (IMF/WB?) was assaulted by the mob and beaten with his own bicycle. People are getting very, very annoyed. They're taking their chances when they think they have an opportunity.

P.J. O'Rourke wrote of his fall from the left, when he watched a housemate, during a riot, smash a police officer in the back of the head with a two-by-four. Mr. O'Rourke, of course, is not sickened by the abuses poured upon citizens by police officers. Of course, his friend had no real justification, but neither do the cops.

The cops around a concert venue, The Gorge Amphitheatre, in the middle of nowhere, Washington state, run roadblocks (but only on one side of the venue; you can still bypass the roadblocks easily). As the "profiling" debates have carried on, for some reason the cops have insisted on profiling. We've been stopped before for having a black man in the car; as you looked down the line of cars, every car stopped contained at least one black male with a mustache. But when race profiling became "illegal", the cops switched; the next time the rule was, "any balding man with a woman in the passenger seat". And then, "anybody wearing one of those Stone-Roses hats". Whatever happened to counting cars? One-two-three-four-five ... okay, you stop. One-two-three-four-five ... okay, you stop .... Apparently that's too complicated when compared to devising appearance-based profiles.

A friend of mine's dad was a cop for many years, and my friend speaks once of a prison riot, and knowing that both his parents were in the line of fire. I feel for him. But he also gets that scornful look in his eyes when he recalls his father talking about framing people he knew were guilty but couldn't get evidence on. It's a fact of life. If the police did their jobs according to the law, we would have to spend even more money on law enforcement than we do, and so I suppose it's worth looking to the voters and asking why they keep electing stupid politicians that send cops after pot smokers instead of rapists or, in the case of the FBI (though they're irrelevant to this topic) terrorists.°

Any cop standing before me gets the benefit of doubt I award any human being. But, being a police officer, any single misstep will be noted. I'm aware that the law does not protect me from hateful criminals hiding behind a badge; I'm aware that the law does everything it can to empower the police racket in this country. But I'll be happy to go down in a blaze of glory, reminding the public record that this police officer should have his children removed from his custody for their protection.

I smoke pot. The cop wears a badge that licenses him to hurt people and lie about it. Who do you think is more dangerous?

When the cops finally get off their butts and do their jobs with some notable results, I'll be happy to retract the lot of this. But for now I can only oblige the police, who have asked, begged, pleaded, and eventually demanded that we the people view them as murderous, thieving, lying thugs. The police are among America's biggest tragedies. Don't ever elect me President if you're a fan of corrupt cops. I'll sic my AG on every tarnished badge. I'll round 'em up and throw 'em in concentration camps. They can be there for years, you know. I'll just invoke the Bush/Guantanamo arguments and modify them to suit. I'm eligible in five years, but it would be more like twenty or thirty before you would hear from me at such a level. And I'm sure the Guantanamo mush will be so well accepted that the people won't be able to deny their prior endorsements.

If police wish to behave as if they're not human, I will be perfectly happy to use any political authority I might attain in my life to treat them as such.

:m:,
Tiassa :cool:

The only thing I have to say about it is: LEGALIZE.
:m: And all the cops are smoking joints in the coffee-shops:m:

as a smoker from way back...please dont dump on the police..they have a real hard time in trying to live their lives in society where pot is everywhere ,(descent cops tried to uphold the prohibition of booze in the 1920')
things will change, dont hold grudges, police are decent people :)

Why is it hypocricy?
He said the cop DOESN'T arrest people with weed.
He confiscates the weed and sells it.

If he is pissed off and wants to get even, tell him to call a local TV station and set-up and under-cover sting.
They would love the ratings and he would (at least) lose his job.

Absolutely the cop was immoral for doing what he did. Hypocrisy is the worst crime:D

I REALLY don't like the large amount of police officers and other government officials who figure they are above the law, and therefore can do whatever they want to whomever they want without penalty.

See? THAT is why our government is bad:) ........bad people in the government;)

Re: Notes from a dying breed

Originally posted by tiassa
(1) A bag laced with cyanide is a bad idea. Pot doesn't kill, and the anti-drug crowd is itching for another reason to nail marijuana. The last time they got the chance, we heard about pot dealers who shot a sheriff during a drug bust. Killed a cop for a few ounces of weed. What the news failed to mention during their sensationalist shock-at-violent-marijuana story was the pounds of methamphetamine and the equipment to make more. You tell me what the bust was about..........

WONDERFUL post:D After reading all of that, should you decide to run for President, you have my vote:D

Back