• have no bias

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • dont like'em

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paradox_VII

Registered Member
Note: This topic might apply to those of the Christian faith though all are welcome to comment. I am always interested to know what people form differing views think of the same topic.

In Catholicism and a few other Christian faiths, the virgin mother of Jesus Christ is someone to be honored and loved; someone who is able to invoke special favor with God for those who ask. She is the figure to be looked up to above all others as an example of charity, faith, hope and love; the main virtues of Christianity (and many other faith practices, even non-Christian). And why shouldn't she be as such? Is there any reason why she should not be held in such high regard, to be honored and venerated (not worshiped, as many believe Catholics do... There is a difference) as highly as she is. No there isn't. Some people though would say that in the bible, Jesus denies his mother in front of an entire crowd of people, lucky for us this argument will not hold its own. Of what many know of the Old Testament and the 10 commandments, which still stand unchanged today, it is sinful and self condemning to dishonor one's mother and or father. Knowing this, if Jesus were to do said act, he would be sinning and I think we all know the mankind's savior, GOD's only Son did not sin. So what is He really doing? He was not dishonoring his mother, he was asking "who is my mother and who are my brothers and sisters", in order to publicly claim all men as His family and bring them all unto Him. Therefore, the argument that Christ denied His mother is totally erroneous and even heretical. In fact Christ never did anything but honor his mother. She was with him throught his entire life, ministry, and into death. He love, honored and obeyed his mother in all that she asked of Him. Take for example the wedding of Cana, (that is misspelled but we all know the story) the wine runs out and Christ is asked to do something about the issue but it is not until his beloved mother asks him to remedy the problem that he acts. So I say, if Jesus Christ, the person so many clamed to be their savior, and as everyone wants to know "What Would Jesus Do," there is the answer, love and honor the mother that Christ Himself so loved and honored above others. In honoring her you honor Him!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Paradox_VII
Note: This topic might apply to those of the Christian faith though all are welcome to comment. I am always interested to know what people form differing views think of the same topic.

In Catholicism and a few other Christian faiths, the virgin mother of Jesus Christ is someone to be honored and loved; someone who is able to invoke special favor with GOD for those who ask. She is the figure to be looked up to above all others as an example of charity, faith, hope and love; the main virtues of Christianity (and many other faith practices, even non-Christian). And why shouldn't she be as such? Is there any reason why she should not be held in such high regard, to be honored and venerated (not worshiped, as many believe Catholics do... There is a difference) as highly as she is. No there isn't. Some people though would say that in the bible, Jesus denies his mother in front of an entire crowd of people, lucky for us this argument will not hold its own. Of what many know of the Old Testament and the 10 commandments, which still stand unchanged today, it is sinful and self condemning to dishonor one's mother and or father. Knowing this, if Jesus were to do said act, he would be sinning and I think we all know the mankind's savior, GOD's only Son did not sin. So what is He really doing? He was not dishonoring his mother, he was asking "who is my mother and who are my brothers and sisters", in order to publicly claim all men as His family and bring them all unto Him. Therefore, the argument that Christ denied His mother is totally erroneous and even heretical. In fact Christ never did anything but honor his mother. She was with him throught his entire life, ministry, and into death. He love, honored and obeyed his mother in all that she asked of Him. Take for example the wedding of Cana, (that is misspelled but we all know the story) the wine runs out and Christ is asked to do something about the issue but it is not until his beloved mother asks him to remedy the problem that he acts. So I say, if Jesus Christ, the person so many clamed to be their savior, and as everyone wants to know "What Would Jesus Do," there is the answer, love and honor the mother that Christ Himself so loved and honored above others. In honoring her you honor Him!

What is your point?
Or are you just offering some information.

Love

Jan Ardena.

I was hoping to start a dialogue

I just wanted to start a dialogue. I was just hoping for peoples opinions on this matter, whether for or against my own.
~Paradox

Back