The Ten Commandments of Moses: Explained

Medicine*Woman

Jesus: Mythstory--Not History!
Valued Senior Member
M*W: Recently, I have been doing some scholarly research on Moses and the Exodus, and I have been inspired to fully explain the meanings of the Ten Commandments. What were the ten commandments of Moses, and what do they really mean? Moses wrote the following codes allegedly he said were given to him by YHWH on Mount Horeb, and he writes:

1. I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Explained: Dictated to Moses by the voice of 'God,' Moses likely wrote instead of transcribed the commandments. Moses was an Egyptian Pharaoh also known by the names Aminadab (his birth name), Amenhotep IV, his pharaonic title which he changed to Akhenaten (worshipper of the Aten or sun god). Tuthmosis (a family name) ruled Egypt from 1367-1350BC. Essentially, he was run off by Egyptians who didn't believe in the Aten (sun god), since Moses effortlessly tried to make believe in the Aten as the law of the land.

With this in mind, Moses fled Egypt (or tried to) get away. He went back for about one year, and they came running after him again. He fled for the second time, never looking back. He went back to free the Egyptian tribe of Habiru who fled with him. The second time, Moses made it as far as Midian near Mount Horeb. While the natives were getting restless, Moses took the Ark upon Mount Horeb. If you read back about the Ark, you will see that the Ark functioned optimally on mountain tops. They believed the Ark to contain Aten, the Sun God, because it emitted such a bright deadly light, and the natives believed it contained God (at least that's what Moses told them it contained.)

So, up on Mount Horeb with the Ark, Moses proceeded to receive the commandments of Aten (when all he did was write down what he said Aten had told him. Moses' purpose for this hilltop adventure was to control and quieten the restless natives. The first 'commandment' Moses said 'God' wrote was ordering the natives to believe that he, Moses, was god, who brought the Habiru out of Egypt from bondage. Now, let me explain, the Habiru were a lower class of Egyptians, but they were 100% native born Egyptians, nonetheless. Moses wanted to teach them that there we no other gods but him, the Earthly representative of the 'Aten.'

One reason people of this day went up the mountain is because they believed they could get closer to god on higher structures, whether it be nature's mountains or man-made towers. Moses wanted the natives to be under his explicit control. This commandment alludes to that.

2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

Explained: Moses wanted the Habiru to take him seriously and not just run amok. Calling the name of YHWH is more of a breathalized sound like 'yee-ahh-wah.' When Moses gave the Aten a name, meaning 'I AM THAT I AM,' it was to control the Habiru from calling on any other god but Moses. He knew the Habiru would rebel from him to a higher god. To Moses, there was no other god but the Aten, and he led the natives to believe that he, Moses, was the only one high enough to talk to Aten (the sun god).

3. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them.

Explained: Moses told the Habiru not to make any figurative statues or 'graven images,' because the Aten did not have a 'face,' and it couldn't be stared directly into the face of god. The Habiru believed in the many gods of earlier Egypt. Each of their gods had a daily purpose and place, but Moses forbade them to worship their regularly worshipped idols with which they were familiar. Moses' intent was to make them all worship him, the Aten, in the flesh.

4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Explained: The 'sabbath day' alludes to 'sun worship' after the sun goes down on Friday night, which the Habiru were told to worship and keep holy the whole day on Saturday. By this it meant that they would be exodusing Sunday through Friday afternoon, and they would rest all day on Saturday. On Saturday (named for Saturn), they would worship Moses (i.e. Aten) all day.

5. Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long.

Explained: In ancient Egyptian belief, to keep the family lines and dynasties pure, it was common for brothers and sisters to marry and beget children just as it was for mothers and sons or fathers and daughters to marry and beget heirs of that union. Moses had at least three wives, one named Nefertiti, who was his half-sister who bore him at least six daughters, the oldest of whom Moses married and begot 2-3 more sons, one of whom was Tutankhamen, who died an early age, before Moses ran off exodusing. In Moses' words, to 'honor thy father and thy mother,' meant that the sons and daughters had the obligation to marry the opposite parent and beget more heirs of pure blood. It has nothing to do with respecting one's parents. The rest of the fifth commandment, 'that thy days may be long,' simply means the seed of the parents will live-on in future generations.

6. Thou shalt not kill.

Explained: Pretty self-evident here, but Moses wanted to ensure that the Habiru would not be killing each other, or especially himself, while they were traversing the Sinai desert.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Explained: Committing adultery was a no-no. After all, why would any honest Egyptian need to commit adultery when they knew full-well that if their spouse died, they would just make another heir with a son or a daughter. No big deal. Remember, too, that Egyptian men had as many wives, concubines and daughters, not to mention grandmothers, aunts, cousins and granddaughters as he wanted. But, for God's sake, to screw another man's wife or other relative (pick one or several), that was a sin! Adultery did not include blood relatives.

8. Thou shalt not steal.

Explained: With a group of native Habiru, traveling closely together in the desert for forty years with Moses as their god-Aten-leader, to steal would imply that one would be pilfering through one's blood relatives' belongings. Since Moses was personally related to each and every one of the exodusers, that would mean stealing directly from him. Punishment for thievery, Moses would zap the thief with the electrical power of the Ark of the Covenant to set them straight.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Explained: Seeing as how everyone who was nomading in the desert were related, it would have been treacherous if people bore false observations against his neighbor-relative. Can you imagine how all hell would break loose if one nomad started lying about his daughter-wife-grandchild nomad? I can only imagine the dysfunctional family syndrome going on in the desert! Those hot starry nights with the cool desert breeze flowing through those tents while the ancient lyres and flutes played erotic music and the wives-daughters-sisters belly danced for their horny fathers-uncles-brothers!

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's.

Explained: I've explained the difference between the heirarchy of the neighbors and the relatives earlier. Coveting relatives is... okay..., but coveting something-someone that is owned by a neighbor, whether it is his tent, his ass, or his wife-daughter-sister's ass, that is... okay, ..., but coveting his neighbor's ass or his neighbor's oxen's ass, was a sin--a deadly, deadly sin. Besides, since Moses was related to all his neighbors, this commandment ensured everyone would keep their slimy hands off his ass.

So, there you have it -- the Ten Commandments explained, which inspired me to think of the commandments that Moses left out:

11. Thou shalt not wear thy neighbor's kaffiyeh or ekal, for his neighbor's wife-daughter-sister may use it as a tablecloth.

12. Thou shalt not wear thy neighbor's salwar kameez suit over thyself's awrah.

13. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's camel.

14. Thou shalt not commit adultery with thine own camel.

15. Thou shalt not exodus in thy neighbor's sandals.

16. Thou shalt smite thy children and thy neighbor's children if they're caught making sand castles on Sinai plain.

17. Thou shalt not eat thy neighbor's dog.

18. Thou shalt smite thy children and thy neighbor's children if they try to tune-in a rock'n'roll station with thy holy Ark of the Covenant.

19. Thou shalt clean up all of thy own camel's shit.

20. Thou shalt dump all of "Moses'" commandments, for they really don't apply to the native Habiru, who became the ancient Hebrews who settled in the Promised Land without Moses, because God-Aten-Sun killed and buried him in Egypt, where he belonged.

Medicine woman,

you are doing something that is completely blasphemous. the commandments are all about God's absolute love for man, yet you are twisting them in just about the worst way I can imagine.
Jesus is greater than Moses Medicine Woman or did you not know that?

peace

c20

c20H25N3o:Medicine woman, you are doing something that is completely blasphemous. the commandments are all about God's absolute love for man, yet you are twisting them in just about the worst way I can imagine. Jesus is greater than Moses Medicine Woman or did you not know that?
M*W: It is not your call to accuse me of blasphemy. If there is a God, I am sure he would smite me. The commandments are NOT 'all about God's absolute love for man.' The commandments were Moses' delusions to the people he tried to control. Moses was born and died an Egyptian. He believed the sun was God -- same as you, but you don't admit it because you're THAT stupid! The sun has no feelings or emotions-- no love, no hate -- the only thing the sun provides our universe is heat and light for the creation and nurture of all living things.

If Jesus existed, which I have stated 9 million times now on sciforums, he was just another Sun-God. Maybe someday in the future a new planet will be discovered and they shall call his name "Jesus." If these folks were just symbolic, it was MM (the tower) who reached up to heaven so that Jesus could be exalted as the Sun-of-God.

Please do some research on other realities. You're a desperately needy man, and your addiction is called Christianity.

c20H25N3o: Medicine woman, you are doing something that is completely blasphemous. the commandments are all about God's absolute love for man, yet you are twisting them in just about the worst way I can imagine. Jesus is greater than Moses Medicine Woman or did you not know that?
M*W: What I do know is:

http://www.derechos.org/human-rights/speech/

Freedom of expression is one of the most fundamental rights that individuals enjoy. It is fundamental to the existence of democracy and the respect of human dignity. It is also one of the most dangerous rights, because freedom of expression means the freedom to express one's discontent with the status quo and the desire to change it. As such, it is one of the most threatened rights, with governments - and even human rights groups - all over the world constantly trying to curtail it.

"Moses was an Egyptian Pharaoh also known by the names Aminadab (his birth name), Amenhotep IV, his pharaonic title which he changed to Akhenaten (worshipper of the Aten or sun god). Tuthmosis (a family name) ruled Egypt from 1367-1350BC. Essentially, he was run off by Egyptians who didn't believe in the Aten (sun god), since Moses effortlessly tried to make believe in the Aten as the law of the land."

Egyptologist and Biblical Archioligist will be interested to know that you have definitively determined the 'true' identity of Moses, given there is little solid evidence to suggest this. Your time lines are suspect, and you should be carefull of passing postulates as fact - although this theory is interesting, it is just as likely if not more so that moses was a figure such as Aper-el.

Back