The Secret ? One Big Con ?

IndianCurry2010

Registered Senior Member
Does anyone believe the secret has any "substance". Does anyone have any theories that make it more then a pseudoscience ?

Does anyone believe the secret has any "substance". Does anyone have any theories that make it more then a pseudoscience ?

Well you have to look at it like this, if you greet everyone negatively what sort of response are you going to have? If you greet people positively what response will you have?

While "The secret" is pretty darn fruity, it just touches upon something that should be common sense. (And that's where the snake oil salesmen usually start to manipulate their customers into buying a useless product.)

The Secret is a 2006 film produced by Prime Time Productions, consists of a series of interviews related to the idea of optimist thinking. It states that everything one wants/needs may be accomplished by wishing it and believing in it. Distributed through DVD, and online (through streaming media), the film and the subsequent publication of a book by the same name and of the same topic as the film, has attracted interest from media figures such as Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, and Larry King as well as criticism from the mainstream press.

WIKI

They managed to keep it a secret from me for 4 years. I've never heard of it either.

The Secret is a 2006 film produced by Prime Time Productions, consists of a series of interviews related to the idea of optimist thinking. It states that everything one wants/needs may be accomplished by wishing it and believing in it. Distributed through DVD, and online (through streaming media), the film and the subsequent publication of a book by the same name and of the same topic as the film, has attracted interest from media figures such as Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, and Larry King as well as criticism from the mainstream press.

WIKI
Thank you for your public spirited clarification of a poorly worded, incorrectly formatted, inherently rude OP. I appreciate the information.

The philosophy has alot of holes missing but once you add & master certain emotions, feelings, & learn to maintain a different aptitude of thinking, will becomes more powerful which I personally believe is from frequencies of energy omitted coming back when it increases it results in similar frequencies to reflect back onto reality. Force vs Motion is a very good book

The Secret is complete bunk. Stripped to its basics, it says that you'll get whatever you want just by "asking the Universe" to give it to you. Quite obviously, that doesn't work.

Our existance, physical and nonphysical is connected with the universe on many levels, period. The law of attraction is valid. The book may be stupid to those who believe there thoughts are weightless and have nothing to do with anything; to those who do; continue thinking like larvae....

It worked for Noel Edmonds.

article-1214995-068608BB000005DC-877_224x325.jpg

The Secret is complete bunk. Stripped to its basics, it says that you'll get whatever you want just by "asking the Universe" to give it to you. Quite obviously, that doesn't work.

If everybody got what they asked for then there would be potential confliction's. For instance a man tired of his married life, wants the cute blonde secretary that works for him to be a little more intimate and his wife wants the cheating bastards balls to drop off. It would generate a rather odd "compromise". (possibly fitting,.. I wouldn't know)

The way I see it, the universe is just a giant sandbox, if you want to reach a goal you can try to reach that goal if you put your mind to it, however while you are trying to reach that goal there is always going to be some asshole out their trying to shaft your plan. Life can be seen a game that doesn't have any extra quarters.

Our existance, physical and nonphysical is connected with the universe on many levels, period.

There's no proof we even have a nonphysical existence, let alone a connected one.

The law of attraction is valid.

What has it done for you?

The book may be stupid to those who believe there thoughts are weightless and have nothing to do with anything; to those who do; continue thinking like larvae....

So you believe you can get stuff just by wishing for it, do you?

Back