The SAM and (Q) Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Q)

Encephaloid Martini
Valued Senior Member
I suggest you go out in the real world and see what persecution looks like.

And, the OP's story isn't the real world, Sam? The world where theists are demanding a sign about atheism be taken down?

And, the OP's story isn't the real world, Sam? The world where theists are demanding a sign about atheism be taken down?

This is typical of her, Q. Instead of just saying she disagrees with you, she tries to will herself into the winning side of the argument. She uses tricks like this, which are completely transparent. She doesn't really think you need to learn what persecution is, because she knows damn well that persecution has many forms and is not simply the butt-end of a rifle breaking your jaw because you spoke out against the Dear Leader. So it's just another tactic employed by the mentally-weak to avoid actually having to defend their position.

It's the oldest trick, isn't it? She's trying to change the subject, as usual.

So taking down a sign is persecution?:rolleyes:

Will you put up a pro-Muslim sign in your front lawn (Q)? Just to show your solidarity with such free expression?

This is typical of her, Q. Instead of just saying she disagrees with you, she tries to will herself into the winning side of the argument. She uses tricks like this, which are completely transparent. She doesn't really think you need to learn what persecution is, because she knows damn well that persecution has many forms and is not simply the butt-end of a rifle breaking your jaw because you spoke out against the Dear Leader. So it's just another tactic employed by the mentally-weak to avoid actually having to defend their position.

It's the oldest trick, isn't it? She's trying to change the subject, as usual.

What I see in Sam's agenda is the vilification of atheism all the while lamenting and kvetching about Muslim persecution. And, while the Muslims are running around slaughtering each other and whoever else gets in the way over their myths and superstitions, demanding the rest of the world accept their version(s) of Islam all the while openly renouncing and rejecting any other views.

And, whenever the assault on atheism by theists is brought to light with hard evidence, she has no choice but to change the subject back to her vilification, lamenting, kvetching, renouncing and rejecting. She really has no position to defend.

I could put up the figures for 20th century democide again, but its getting old. Excuse my incredulity for not being impressed by people being forced to pay taxes or asked to take down signs as earth shattering persecution. Especially when the same people find justifications for years of solitary confinement and torture in Abu Ghraib and describe one year olds massacred by western soldiers as possible militants, while distributing hundreds of teddy bears for one woman kept in a prison for 11 days [and then released safe and sound, without any injur or harassment]

Will you put up a pro-Muslim sign in your front lawn (Q)? Just to show your solidarity with such free expression?

Why should I do that when I'm already forced to read the pro-theist signs and billboards that litter the landscape?

There are already pro-Islamic ads on NYC subways, for fuck sakes! Where are the angry mobs of atheists who want those taken down?

Why should I do that when I'm already forced to read the pro-theist signs and billboards that litter the landscape?

There are already pro-Islamic ads on NYC subways, for fuck sakes! Where are the angry mobs of atheists who want those taken down?

They are busy killing Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan

I could put up the figures for 20th century democide again, but its getting old.

Old and utterly pointless.

solitary confinement and torture in Abu Ghraib and describe one year olds massacred by western soldiers as possible militants, while distributing hundreds of teddy bears for one woman kept in a prison for 11 days [and then released safe and sound, without any injur or harassment]

Yup, change the subject. Well done. :rolleyes:

So, are you going to put up one for the Muslims in your front lawn? To show the theists how its done?

I wouldn't put up a sign supporting the Black Plague, why would I put up a sign supporting a cult plague?

You can lead a theist to reason, but you can't make her think.

I wouldn't put up a sign supporting the Black Plague, why would I put up a sign supporting a cult plague?

You can lead a theist to reason, but you can't make her think.

When you get ready to put up a sign, you can earn the right to complain about someone else not putting up one. Right now, all you're doing is complaining that other people think like you.

When you get ready to put up a sign, you can earn the right to complain about someone else not putting up one. Right now, all you're doing is complaining that other people think like you.

Contemptible and hypocritical your statement is. Lead to the dark side your deceit will.

You're right, I don't recall the theists comparing atheists to the plague. You're worse than them.

You're right, I don't recall the theists comparing atheists to the plague.

Perhaps, but the Quran was written before the plague. Nonetheless, we know what your good book states on how to deal with non-believers, which is far worse than any comparison, Sam. It is your gods commands, contemptible and hypocritical.

Hmm lets see:

Surah 109:
Al-Kafiroon (The Disbelievers, Atheists)

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

1. Say : O ye that reject Faith!

2. I worship not that which ye worship,

3. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

4. And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,

5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

6. To you be your Way, and to me mine.

Aaarrghhhh you're right.

Hmm lets see:

Aaarrghhhh you're right.

Great! Cherry picked quotes.

Dhimmi status, heavier taxes and fewer rights.

Here's some more quotes:

"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)

"The only true faith in God's sight is Islam." (Surah 3:19)

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people...They desire nothing but your ruin....You believe in the entire Book...When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." (Sur

"Seek out your enemies relentlessly." (Surah 4:103-)

"The Jews and Christians say: 'We are the children of God and His loved ones.' Say: 'Why then does He punish you for your sins?" (Surah 5:18)

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

"Believers, when you encounter the infidels on the march, do not turn your backs to them in flight. If anyone on that day turns his back to them, except it be for tactical reasons...he shall incur the wrath of God and Hell shall be his home..." (Surah 8:12-)

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)

"...make war on the leaders of unbelief...Make war on them: God will chastise them at your hands and humble them. He will grant you victory over them..." (Surah 9:12-)

You're right, selecting an entire chapter named disbelievers or atheists is "cherry picking", copy pasting bits and pieces from other chapters which you don't even understand is research.

You're right, selecting an entire chapter named disbelievers or atheists is "cherry picking", copy pasting bits and pieces from other chapters which you don't even understand is research.

It is the typical response to assume the other party doesn't have an understanding of the subject matter when the contradictions are cited and the proponent is unable to respond.

See previous response for reaffirmation of your ignorant stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back