the right ten commandments

mis-t-highs

I'm filling up
Registered Senior Member
what were the ten commandments written on the tablets.

when Moses first came down from Mount Sinai with the commandments, he just recited from a list (Exodus 20:2-17), which is the what most churches today call the "Ten Commandments",in error I might add, although they were not engraved on stone tablets and not called "the ten commandments."
The first set of tablets were given to Moses on another trip up the mountain (Exodus 31:18). in this story moses was enraged, so smashed them, when he saw his people worshiping the golden calf (Exodus 32:19).
So he up he went again for a replacement. God said "Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest." (Exodus 34:1) and Here is what was written on the new tablets (from Exodus 34:14-26):

1) Thou shalt worship no other God.
2) Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.
3) The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep.
4) Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest.
5) Thou shalt observe the feast of weeks.
6) Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the Lord God.
7) Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven.
8) Neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left until the morning.
9) The first of the firstfruits of thy land shalt thou bring unto the house of the Lord thy God.
10) Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

in comparison to the one in Exodus 20 (was god's memory dodgy?), it is only this list that is called the "Ten Commandments": "And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments." (Exodus 34:28)

which set do you follow those written by your god, or those written by moses.

and what about the third set quoted by jesus, In Matthew 19:18-19 his list is this
1) Thou shalt do no murder
2) Thou shalt not commit adultery
3) Thou shalt not steal
4) Thou shalt not bear false witness
5) Honour thy father and thy mother
6) Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself

the devil inside, you fool.
shes an atheist, she has no believe in the book, shes just quoting it as it written for the xians. and yes, the book was scribed by man/men absolutely correct, but whether thats was a man called moses is debatable. dont condemn until you've read it,
here the the King james bible version exodus 34: 1, ,And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.
ok devil

jesus over riding comandment is the one we should ALL strive to follow wether you read it

Love one another as i have loved you

or

Love one another as you love yourself

whatever your religion even if you have none that is what we should all strive for

some of what is written in the bible, is of a high morality, just as easops fables has some high morality.
but whether these statements, were said by a god or a person called jesus, is debatable.
however I totally agree with the latter one, but unfortunately most religions dont.

audible said:
and what about the third set quoted by jesus, In Matthew 19:18-19 his list is this
3) Thou shalt not steal

Why do you interpret "thou shalt not kill" to "thou should do no murder".. Do you think Jesus didn't know the difference?

Jan Ardena.

I agree that audible picked the wrong set, he should have choose mark 10: 19 You know the commandments:
Do not kill,
Do not commit adultery,
Do not steal,
Do not bear false witness,
Do not defraud,
Honor your father and mother.'"
when it come to jesus knowing the difference, well quite honestly, that extremely debatable. as hemust of been a bit of an idiot, he kill a fig tree for not bearing fruit,when it was out of season. mak 11:13 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
14: And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.
and as for killing/ murder waht does he think this is. he condemns entire city to death and hell just because they did not like his preaching Matthew 11:20 Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:
21: Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
22: But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
23: And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
24: But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.
so he clearly did not know what he was saying half the time did he.

mis-t-highs said:

What does this mean?

mis-t-highs said:

And this?

mis-t-highs said:
9) The first of the firstfruits of thy land shalt thou bring unto the house of the Lord thy God.

. . . And this?

mis-t-highs said:

. . . And this?

Athelwulf said:
mis-t-highs said:
What does this mean?
In KJV "molten" could mean "made from molten metal", in other words molten gods are idols like the Golden Calf.

Athelwulf said:
mis-t-highs said:
And this?
Part of Jewish ritual, the elimination of "leaven" (yeast, i.e. risen bread) was originally to do with the bread given as an offering not going off quickly and easily, which risen bread does do.

Athelwulf said:
mis-t-highs said:
. . . And this?
Just the normal sacrificial offerings as specified in Leviticus - later denounced by Isaiah.

Athelwulf said:
mis-t-highs said:
. . . And this?
This is part of Jewish Orthodoxy to this day. It is interpreted by strict Jews as extending to not eating meat dishes and dairy dishes on the same plates or using the same cutlery. But I think what happened was this: a priest in ancient times was invited to dinner, was given a veal dish of some kind, said, "This is delicious, what did you do with it?" and the poor sap that's entertaining his priest said, "You'll love this, rebbe - this calf which I slaughtered this morning, I boiled it up in milk. And here's the killer - it was the milk from the calf's own mother!" and verily the priest went, "EW!" And forthwith banned the practice.

Jan Ardena said:
audible said:
3) Thou shalt not steal

Why do you interpret "thou shalt not kill" to "thou should do no murder".. Do you think Jesus didn't know the difference?

Jan Ardena.
I'm sure that audible's a nice fellow, but I'm loth to give him credit for the greatest and most famous Bible in the English Speaking world, the King James Version of 1611.

mis-t-highs: what were the ten commandments written on the tablets.

when Moses first came down from Mount Sinai with the commandments, he just recited from a list (Exodus 20:2-17), which is the what most churches today call the "Ten Commandments", in error I might add, although they were not engraved on stone tablets and not called "the ten commandments."
The first set of tablets were given to Moses on another trip up the mountain (Exodus 31:18). in this story moses was enraged, so smashed them, when he saw his people worshiping the golden calf (Exodus 32:19).
M*W: Remember, who if anyone saw God etch the commandments on those stone tablets? No one. They took Moses' word for it. Those tablets, I believe, were transcribed by Moses or even written by Moses to help him take control of the Habiru in their sojourn. The golden calf incident was in reality the Habiru practicing their regular faith -- pantheism. Moses was Egyptian until he died on Mount Horeb. He believed in the Sun Worship of Aten. Moses believed that he was Aten. Just a reminder, this has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with Judaism!
mis-t-highs: So he up he went again for a replacement. God said "Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest." (Exodus 34:1) and Here is what was written on the new tablets (from Exodus 34:14-26):

1) Thou shalt worship no other God.
3) The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep.
4) Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest.
5) Thou shalt observe the feast of weeks.
6) Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the Lord God.
8) Neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left until the morning.

in comparison to the one in Exodus 20 (was god's memory dodgy?), it is only this list that is called the "Ten Commandments": "And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments." (Exodus 34:28)

which set do you follow those written by your god, or those written by moses.
M*W: The rewritten tablets explain the truth according to Moses -- NOT God! Moses = Egyptian:God = Humanity.

Silas said:
(Sorry, me neither - I was getting at JA's obvious blooper)

How can one commit a "blooper" by asking questions?
It seems you are the blooper trooper.
Can you tell me why "murder" is substituted for "kill?"

Jan Ardena.

and a new top ten commandments

1> Hannah of Galilee, if some stuttering dweeb named Moses asks thee to the Promised Land Prom, thou shalt enthusiastically say "Yes!"

2> Thou shalt not piss off the Donald, lest thou be fired.

3> Thou shalt not bear false witness against him who did not deal it.

4> Thou shalt not f*ck with 50 Cent.

5> Thou shalt leave thine man-staff beneath thine robe when in the presence of altar boys. Seriously -- need I spell that out?

6> Thou shalt receive the first two stone tablets for only one shekel, then a new tablet will arrive each Sabbath.
If thou wantest that tablet, do nothing....

7> Thou shalt not vote for false idols, like that Clay Aiken dweeb

8> Thou needest not see any movie by Mel Gibson to prove thou art devout.

9> Molest not the innocent child, lest thy visage be blanched and thy nose crumble to dust.

10> Thou shalt pat thy belly.
Thou shalt pat thy belly again.
Okay, SIMON SAYS thou shalt pat thy belly.
Hands on thy head.
Christ, you Jews are sharp!

html/clubtop5.shtml

commandments were a covent to those people. There has been many covens between God and Man. Jesus' blood was the final coven (am I spelling that right?). Plus, even if the 10 commandments were still used today, they do not define what sin is. So it is irrelavent.

Jan Ardena said:
audible said:
3) Thou shalt not steal

Jan Ardena.
Jan Ardena said:
How can one commit a "blooper" by asking questions?
It seems you are the blooper trooper.
Can you tell me why "murder" is substituted for "kill?"

Jan Ardena.
In your first post you asked why audible "interpreted" thou shalt not kill to thou shalt do no murder. Your question was a blooper because audible was not doing any interpreting at all - those are the words of the King James Bible, which I reiterate regardless of what sect or belief you espouse or none, is the most famous, the most quoted from, the most influential Bible in the English Language. It states "do no murder" in that part of the NT where Jesus quotes which commandments to follow. It says "Kill" in Exodus 20:13. However, the New American Standard Version retro-revises Exodus to read "murder" so that it matches with Matthew.

MedicineWoman said:
M*W: Remember, who if anyone saw God etch the commandments on those stone tablets? No one. They took Moses' word for it. Those tablets, I believe, were transcribed by Moses or even written by Moses to help him take control of the Habiru in their sojourn. The golden calf incident was in reality the Habiru practicing their regular faith -- pantheism. Moses was Egyptian until he died on Mount Horeb. He believed in the Sun Worship of Aten. Moses believed that he was Aten. Just a reminder, this has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with Judaism!
MedicineWoman, I know you're always keen to share your knowledge of Biblical origins, but I feel in delving into esoterica you've entirely missed the point. We all know what is generally meant by "The Ten Commandments", they have been labelled as such in Bibles since the 17th Century at least, they have been cited innumerable times in all kinds of art and literature right up to the present day and they still continue to cause controversy. mis-t-highs has simply pointed out that in fact the Ten Commandments carved on tablets and named The Ten Commandments within the Bible are not the ones that we popularly recognise. Whether God really gave them to Moses or if the people they were given to were really Jews is totally beside the point!

Last edited:
Back