The Real Story of the Men Who Stare at Goats

common_sense_seeker

Bicho Voador & Bicho Sugador
Valued Senior Member
Here's the amazing article The Real Story of the Men Who Stare at Goats
The sergeant took another swig of coffee and then something extraordinary happened. Goat Number 17 let out a silent bleat, keeled over, and died.

"My God," said the general. "It works."

The sergeant nodded silently. He'd just managed to kill the goat using nothing more than the psychic power of his mind. Finally, after years of research, the US Army's Project Jedi seemed to be on the verge of success.

Project Jedi was a top-secret military project to create a breed of ‘super-soldier'. If all went according to plan, the Jedi Warriors would revolutionise warfare. They would be fantastically strong and possess superior intelligence, cunning and intuition. They would use psychic remote viewing to spy on the enemy, disable nuclear bombs with telekinesis, and effortlessly kill with the power of thought alone. But not only that, they would have the ability to become invisible at will and to walk through walls.
What do you think?

Here's the amazing article The Real Story of the Men Who Stare at Goats What do you think?
I think your reputation as a crackpot is fully justified...

The sergeant took another swig of coffee and then something extraordinary happened. Goat Number 17 let out a silent bleat, keeled over, and died.

"My God," said the general. "It works."

The sergeant nodded silently. He'd just managed to kill the goat using nothing more than the psychic power of his mind. Finally, after years of research, the US Army's Project Jedi seemed to be on the verge of success.
Because, of course they had eliminated all other possible causes, hadn't they? Oh wait.
Try reading Jon Ronson's book for the real story. The "top guy" in that programme couldn't even kill a hamster. :rolleyes:

Back