The power of a tornado...

That is nuts. Seconds to reduce that structure to nothing move cars around in the process.
We do not get them with that power in the UK as a rule but occasionally one will crop up out of nowhere.
Birmingham a few years ago and this year in Ashton Manchester. I'll dig out the details.

Interesting fact: UK gets more tornados per square km than anywhere else in the world! ;) - or at least between 1980 and 2012.
Turns out we get about 2.2 per year per 100,000 km2, compared with the US getting 1.3. Naturally ours are more sedate beasts, ones you could probably take home to see your parents, or take for a cup o' tea with your grandma, compared to the rather uncouth and boisterous beasts in the US. But, still... makes you think. ;)

U of Oklahoma, circa 1966. As I walked into the dormitory, I saw a rather large sing that started with:
WHAT TO DO WHEN THE TORNADO COMES
--------
Hmm(I thought) not "if" but "when"..............
As my knowledge base increased: I discovered that the dorm had been built as a navy barracks during ww2---and therefore was over 20 years old.
"When" began to look more like "if"

Skipping ahead
circa 1973: My 1st wife and I were driving from Chicago to FortLauderdale, Florida after spending most of the night chatting with my uncle Mike(Fuzzy). When we were on the beltway going around indianapolis, traffic was slowed due to a stadium roof blocking the right 2 lanes if the highway. I asked the policeman who was directing traffic where it had come from and he said "about 2 miles west. It was damned lucky that we had dawdled in Chicago---or we might have found ourselves at the scene during the twister.

Interesting fact: UK gets more tornados per square km than anywhere else in the world! ;) - or at least between 1980 and 2012.
Turns out we get about 2.2 per year per 100,000 km2, compared with the US getting 1.3. Naturally ours are more sedate beasts, ones you could probably take home to see your parents, or take for a cup o' tea with your grandma, compared to the rather uncouth and boisterous beasts in the US. But, still... makes you think. ;)
It's understandable that ours have that "can do" attitude and don't stop for a cup of tea in the middle of the job but they're still friends with their UK tornados. The heavy lifting, as usual, is done by the US cousins but the UK cousins show up at least which the French (distant cousins) are usually on strike.

The German in-laws show up on time but insist on following the rules and there are no rules for a tornado so they do nothing as well (except argue with the French).

Back