The other side of the coin

Asguard

Kiss my dark side
Valued Senior Member
I found this today and the first thing i thought of was bells's Something that has left me speechless... thread

Now i have no idea about the circumstances surounding the case except what it says here

0,,5908299,00.jpg

Messanger Newspaper said:
Girls in chains - Prospect mum to face court

Kasia Ozog

26Feb08

A SIXTEEN-year-old Prospect girl has allegedly been chained to her bed by her mother for 10 days to stop her from seeing ``undesirable'' friends.

Police said they went to the Prospect house on Monday, February 18, at 5am, after receiving a call from the girl's mother, asking for police assistance to remove a group of people from her front yard.

Acting officer-in-charge of the Holden Hill LSA, Chief Inspector Ian McDonald, said the woman allegedly told police the girl was chained in the house.

``She told police the undesirable group of people were there to see her daughter,'' he said.

Police charged the woman with false imprisonment, she was subsequently bailed and is expected to front Holden Hill Magistrates' Court next month.

The girl has since returned home to her mother.

Chief Insp McDonald said this occurred after consultation with Families SA.

``She was quite happy to return home,'' he said.

Families SA would not comment. Adelaide Weather Adelaide

Viewed 26/02/08 at 13:36

update on the story

Between when this story was written and the nightly news she ran away from home

I briefly read about this story. She was apparently chained up for ten days.(Source)

I must admit I am surprised they allowed her to return home to her mother.

Back