The origin of Cancers maybe??? P53 gene

sargentlard

Save the whales motherfucker
Valued Senior Member
I would like to know is their any research being done on the gene P53. From what i have learned this gene encodes the P53 protein which is concerned heavily with cell division. The mutation of this gene is a cause of lot of cancers so is their any research on gene therapy focused on this gene along with the other pertienent factors involved in the creation of this malicious cells. Thank you for any response in advance.

yes, plenty. i've written more than one paper on the guardian angel gene but i don't care to dig them up so you'll have to take my word for it.

P53 is part of a group of genes that make proteins for check pointing the cellular cycle. If a cell suffers from massive DNA damage or some other cell damaging event it will not pass the check points and the cell will self-destruct (Apoptosis), if p53 is mutated it may not function properly and damage my go unchecked. Even so there are other genes that check other stage of the cycle; cancer is usually brought on by multiple failures, p53 being only one of them.

Thanks, WellCookedFetus! Informed answers like yours are
what makes sciforums.com interesting to me.

i did some p63 research...well..just some immunohistochemistry stainings...

but cancer has many origins...there is not one particular gene that causes all cancers...

Last edited:
Another similiar mutation of genes that can cause a type of cancer occurs in the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes.

When an individual carries a mutation in either BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes, they have an increased risk of developing breast or ovarian cancer. Studies on a related protein in yeast revealed their role as participants in repairing radiation-induced breaks in DNA. It is believed that mutations in these genes might disable the mechanism, leading to more errors in DNA replication.

Back