The only thing better than AI...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einsteinium

Registered Member
Hey, I was just curious. Can a high frequency carrier beam be beamed directly into the brain to introduce images?

It's suggested that images can be placed into the brain through exciting certain chemicals (similar to halogen/neon bulbs work), however exciting them too much will increase the core temperature of the brain which is a bad thing in long doses as it will cause damage to the brain.

I know that images can be placed into the brain, but the reason I state the above is suggested is because I had to Reverse Engineer the method.

(You should also note that exciting chemicals with frequency is also potentially going to cause interaction with Neural transmitters, so the way the brain functions can also be tampered with through this method. Obviously this sort of method isn't meant for Epileptics to use.)

In theory yes... in practice no.

First, you'll get fuzzy black and white because you don't have much resolution because of scattering effects.

Second, you'll get lots of leakage. You'd basically be stimulating somewhat random parts of your brain.

By the time an image moves from the eye to the back of the brain it has been heavily processed, motion, shape, spacial aspects have been converted to a more generalized form of information. A highly focused beam could trigger individual neurons and give the individual a vision of type. That of motion, or depth. But to transmit a complete image would be very difficult and different for each individual. The best way is to introduce the image into the back of the eye, via scanning across the retina. But of course we do that naturally already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back