The Night of Power, Oh, What a Night!

P

Proud_Syrian

''We revealed it on the Night of Power. Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Night of Power is! The Night of Power is better than a thousand months. The angels and the Spirit descend therein, by the permission of their Lord, with all decrees. (That night is) Peace until the rising of the dawn'' (97:1 – 5)

Muslims believe that the month of Ramadan is the holiest month of the year, the month when worshipers are closest to their Creator, and the Night of Power (Laylat Al-Qadr) is the holiest night of Ramadan. Some Islamic scholars have said that the complete Qur’an was sent down from the Preserved Tablet (Al-Lawh Al-Mahfoozh) in the night of Al-Qadr to the House of Glory (Bayt Al-`Izzah) in the lowest heaven, from whence it was revealed piecemeal to the Prophet Muhammad according to events that took place during his life over a period of twenty-three years.

http://www.islamonline.net/English/introducingislam/Worship/Fasting/article08.shtml

Sounds like Woodstock again or any good party.

Get any large group of people emotionally fired up about anything and the result is often inspiring. Of course whether it is pop music, worhsip of the Sun god or the Islamic myth doesn't matter very much. The effects are generated by the minds of the participants.

Originally posted by Cris
Woodstock was about peace love and happiness, sounds nothing like ramadan and its Night of Power

Get any large group of people emotionally fired up about anything and the result is often inspiring.
I wouldn't call 9/11 inspiring.

Of course whether it is pop music, worhsip of the Sun god or the Islamic myth doesn't matter very much.
I think it matters a great deal.

The effects are generated by the minds of the participants.
Exactly!

Vienna,

Those comments seem very serious.

Woodstock was a shared experience. Ramadan is of the same ilk.

9/11 isn't relevant here.

And emotional inspiration, good or bad, is stirred when large numbers know that large numbers share the same experience.

I felt that way when I saw The Flaming Lips with 300 people in Fort Worth. I'm being serious.

Vienna,

Those comments seem very serious.

Woodstock was a shared experience. Ramadan is of the same ilk.
I understand the comparison you are trying to reach but I don't believe it is correct to compare a peace loving secular event to a religious formality.

9/11 isn't relevant here.

And emotional inspiration, good or bad, is stirred when large numbers know that large numbers share the same experience.
How is it that 9/11 isn't relevant here?
Didn't large numbers share the same experience of happiness the moment it happened, and wasn't it organised by groups of the same large people ?

Vienna,

I remember taking part in many moving religious ceremonies when I was much younger and I remember feeling very much in tune with those around me. A feeling of belonging and of shared values.

Most Muslims during Ramadan also seem to exibit those feelings. It is a time of fasting and focus on its purpose knowing that others are doing the same. It is a powerful mechanism and a strength for this religion. It brings Muslims together.

Get any large group of people emotionally fired up about anything and the result is often inspiring. Of course whether it is pop music, worhsip of the Sun god or the Islamic myth doesn't matter very much. The effects are generated by the minds of the participants.

You can be excused Cris, you cant understand what we feel:

May Allah guide you and open your heart....Ameen.

www.harunyahya.com

Back