The meaning of the Messiah vs. the Anointed One

Medicine*Woman

Jesus: Mythstory--Not History!
Valued Senior Member
M*W: Did Jesus claim to be the Messiah?

According to Hyam Maccoby, "... the title 'Messiah' carried no connotation of deity or divinity. The word 'Messiah' simply means 'anointed on', and it is a title of kingship; every Jewish king of the Davidic dynasty had this title."

*sigh*

Medicine Women, you get the same answer as the high priest Caiaphas and the governor Pilate got from Jesus.

FieryIce said:
*sigh*

Medicine Women, you get the same answer as the high priest Caiaphas and the governor Pilate got from Jesus.

Indeed. Now believe. As I have said countless times ... M*W you are much more useful to God as a believer than even I. He tells me to be very very careful with you because of His great love for you :)

peace

c20

c20H25N3o: As I have said countless times ... M*W you are much more useful to God as a believer than even I. He tells me to be very very careful with you because of His great love for you :)
M*W: I'm flattered that your God tells you how useful I am, but what your God is trying to get through your thick skull is that I am more useful, because I am bringing the truth about christianity to the world when you are not.

How many souls have you saved today?

Medicine Woman - please just answer this very very simple question with a yes or no answer. Did Jesus Christ come as a human being?

Thanks

c20

did jesus exist,did sinbad, did sherlock holmes, did tarzan, on paper yes he was human as he could not be anything else could he, unless of course he was you pet rabbit.

c20H25N3o: Medicine Woman - please just answer this very very simple question with a yes or no answer. Did Jesus Christ come as a human being?
M*W: Yes, and that is how he went along on his merry way, too.

Medicine Woman said:
c20H25N3o: Medicine Woman - please just answer this very very simple question with a yes or no answer. Did Jesus Christ come as a human being?
M*W: Yes, and that is how he went along on his merry way, too.

Since you say he 'came' .. who sent Him and where did He come from?

thanks

c20

did anybody send you c20, you were born, and when on your merry way.
but in answer to your question who sent him this is unknown, depending on him existing in the first place, so lets say he did, then it could have been any number of people his brothers his mother his father joseph his friends or the mayor or some official person.
where did he come from, a town or village, a city depends, but according to your book nazareth( hope I spelt it correct). he definately came from his father josephs and mother marys loins.
but that is a pretty strange question(who sent Him and where did He come from)

Back