The mathematics of history...

Jenyar

Solar flair
Valued Senior Member
Does it add up?

I just came across this rather mindbending site:
http://www.new-tradition.org/

It includes an interesting paper by Gary Kasparov (the chess master). Has anybody come into contact with some of these ideas? I'm no expert on history or mathematics, but the objections raised here seem valid (to a degree).

I'd love to hear some comments from other, more knowledgeable people. Otherwise, it's just an interesting read. Enjoy!

JR

Im a lazy person, why not give us some of the highlights to see if its work reading...

and isnt kasparov the guy who betrayed us to the hated machines? Oh sure maybe now deep blue is only beating us humans at chess, but soon they are going to move into other competitions... arm wrestling, nitro burning funny car racing, slowly pushing us out of every competative activity with their cold logical superiority!

Hey, now, one sporting event that machines will never beat us in is hobo boxing. You know, where you pay two drunken homeless people to fight each other for a nickel or something? I predict that this sport will become much more common as more and more jobs are taken by machines.

Oh, another sport that robot's wouldn't cut it in is musical holes. If you have to ask what that is, you don't want to know.

Oh by the way, I read your link, and don't spam here, if I were a moderator I'd delete this post. Mislabeling links to send us to poorly written anti-war pages are not what belongs in this forum. I will be reporting you.

I also visited the link.

Instead of getting my knickers into a knot, I simply located the article referred to. An article which doesn't even mention the war and was exactly what it was purported to be.

Originally posted by DigitalToothpaste
I also visited the link.

Instead of getting my knickers into a knot, I simply located the article referred to. An article which doesn't even mention the war and was exactly what it was purported to be.

It was a link right off the home page in the navigation bar at the right.

Here's a direct link to the article

Now I'm off to read it.

It raises some interesting points.

I don't know quite how groundbreaking it might be, but it is something that is genuinely worth looking into.

I would like to hear some rebuttals on what he puts out there.

Back