The Martyrs

Michael

歌舞伎
Valued Senior Member
It seems to be a regular phenomenon and belief of Fundamental Christians that hundreds of Thousands (maybe trillions) of fellow God loving Christians were crucified for their beliefs. To die for God as such exemplars of the faith! (Geeze little Johnny all you needs to do is gets up on a Sunday. Why in thes past you’d been killed for go-en to Church). Sorry about that but - you have to admit most Christians have heard something about how millions of their brothers were killed by Romans for believing in God. I once read about an Alexandrian Governor (around the 1st century) who was presented with 11 Christians that demanded to be martyred. He said no and sent them on their way. Typical. Reminds me of something CrazyDanny would do. In a fantasy world the Christians historically have been persecuted and harassed while at the same time they cared for Africans, Aboriginals, native Americans (South and North) Muslims, Hindi, Shinto, Asians etc… with such delicate tender love.
Here’s website about Early Christian Martyrs: The Martyrs if you’re interested.

Last edited:
martyrdum dosn't nly apply to christianity. true there were very many christian martyrs however if you look at any new movment which christianity was during the time you speak of, there are martyrs. people who believe strongly enough in a cause to give their life it is not a christian phenominom.

:rolleyes:
no my point is there really hasn't been a disproportionate number of Christian martyrs. Its just presented that way by Christians to Christians and so now almost all Christians believe that historically that's the case when it's not.

ok i see what your saying. people just believe that every christian in biblical times died for the cause when there reall yweren' that many. kool.

Yes, for most of it's existence Christianity has been the law, not the outlaws. When they have been involved in persecution, it usually wasn’t their ass on the line, they were often the ones holding the axe over someone else’s head. Sure some of 'em got fed to lions while Rome was around but that didn't last too damned long.

Yup, Christians are the bully's of the religion department, sexually frustrated ones at that. They have bascially tried to convert every form of human being on this Earth in the history of mankind through force. Silly little guys they are;)

Back