The Lullaby

Michael

歌舞伎
Valued Senior Member
What is a lullaby? A lullaby is a soothing song, usually sung to children before they go to sleep, with the intention of speeding that process. It can also be sung to people who are dieing to sooth that processes. It can also be sung to people upset, to help comfort them.

Unlike the Bible, the Qur'an is melodic. Could it be that the Qur'an acted as a lullaby to sooth the fears of ancient peoples?

A prehistoric lullaby?

It's an interesting idea,
Michael

This idea came from baftan in The Qur'an

Last edited:
Really? Which post (#) did he say that in?

Peace be unto you ;)

Towards the end.

So? What are your ideas regarding the OP? Is the Qur'an similar to a lullaby?

Towards the end.

So? What are your ideas regarding the OP? Is the Qur'an similar to a lullaby?

Give me the post number. The search for the word 'lullaby' doesn't show up in the thread 're-EVOL-ve'.... I hope you're not attributing something to someone which they never claimed.... So just provide the post number.

The search for the word 'Quran' and 'koran' with the advanced setting of searching by user quadraphonics does not return a result in the thread 're-EVOL-ve' either. So both the words lullaby and Quran/Koran aren't said by quadraphonics in the thread indicated.
Help me out here ;)

did he use a variant spelling to the word Quran?

Peace be unto you ;)

Last edited:
Give me the post number. The search for the word 'lullaby' doesn't show up in the thread 're-EVOL-ve'.... I hope you're not attributing something to someone which they never claimed.... So just provide the post number.

The search for the word 'Quran' and 'koran' with the advanced setting of searching by user quadraphonics does not return a result in the thread 're-EVOL-ve' either. So both the words lullaby and Quran/Koran aren't said by quadraphonics in the thread indicated.
Help me out here ;)

did he use a variant spelling to the word Quran?

Peace be unto you ;)
I must have had two windows open. It was baftan and in the thread: The Qur'an.

A search of the forum for lullaby brought it up quickly enough.

That aside, it's a fresh idea, one I certainly hadn't read before. Sure, the Qur'an is a bed time story is old hat, but thinking of it as a lullaby is interesting.

It is possible that some used it as a lullaby, so that the kid hears something useful (according to them); but was that the purpose of its existence?.... I would find that hard to believe..but that's just me :D...

Peace be unto you ;)

I find the idea of a lullaby for adults very interesting. It's like this huge adult size pacifier/binky.

britney-spears-sucking-pacifier.jpg

weird.... :bugeye:

I find the idea of a lullaby for adults very interesting. It's like this huge adult size pacifier/binky.

weird.... :bugeye:

really? beacause woman lover is a pacifier/binky for an adult man. First they crawl out and than they want back in.

Quaran prayers do sound quite soothing, very long enchanting praying voice, slowly takes us to sleep or maybe meditation with God.

Last edited:
It's also common for people on Ecstasy to use pacifier to stop teeth grinding. But, yeah, maybe she's holding it for her kid... maybe.

That was my first though, lol. I thought she was just probably high on E.

Back