The Little people

path

Militant wiseguy
Registered Senior Member
Once upon a time, but not so long ago, in a tropical island midway between Asia and Australia, there lived a race of little people, whose adults stood just three and a half feet high. Despite their stature, they were mighty hunters. They made stone tools with which they speared giant rats, clubbed sleeping dragons, and hunted the packs of pygmy elephants that roamed their lost world.
This from the NYTimes regarding the recent discovery of Homo floresiensis, diminutive humanoids who died out as recently as 12,000 years ago.

One article here

I am curious to hear the religious take on this if there is any. Thanks

IF true... it would be facinating.

As Allah said:

AL-E-IMRAN (THE FAMILY OF 'IMRAN, THE HOUSE OF 'IMRAN)

YUSUFALI: Many were the Ways of Life that have passed away before you: travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who rejected Truth.
PICKTHAL: Systems have passed away before you. Do but travel in the land and see the nature of the consequence for those who did deny (the messengers).
SHAKIR: Indeed there have been examples before you; therefore travel in the earth and see what was the end of the rejecters.

Remember IF it is not the next official hoax :)

You are welcome.

:m:

Well it certainly looks real so far or the hoaxers have fooled everyone.
Don't wish to start a theological argument just a question or clarification if I may. From the verse you posted (which I assume you find relevant) you mean you believe that these beings (if it is true) ignored the signs of allah and therefore perished or were exterminated by allah?

Thanks

Last edited:
Can't even have a decent discussion without some fool preaching :(

Current reports are fascinating, and although many would and have said it's the most important find since Odin knows when, I find all such finds fascinating, whether they be humanoids or animals in strange places, (like the hippos found in the east of England recently).

Just wish I was there studying the corpses.

There is a thread about this in the Human Science section. It is quite true. Could these people be the origin of mythology about fairies, dwarves, elves and such? What was their society like? I'm amazed.

It seems to prove that a large brain is not necessary for human culture to develop, they had brains the size of grapefruit.

Path said:

From the verse you posted (which I assume you find relevant) you mean you believe that these beings (if it is true) ignored the signs of allah and therefore perished or were exterminated by allah?

I'll stay out of this one as such, except to note that not everything must end as the Thamud.

Yo,

These little dudes must have been brave to get their Mastadon on the griddle!

Smooth.

tiassa said:
I'll stay out of this one as such, except to note that not everything must end as the Thamud.

......Which is why....I asked him ;)

Well, I can't give a religious slant on this discovery of little people because I am not a member of any religious group such as RC etc. but I do call myself Christian, but I can say there are many legends, folklore and tales of little people so it is only understandable that such artifacts would be found.

Hmm.... Smaug wasn't part of the Trilogy. Smaug was part of The Hobbit. ;)

Anyway, on a more serious note, the description of the head reminds me very much of the description given to the "little green men." Don't you think?

I believe that there was mention that Adam -peace be upon him- was some 60 feet tall ( I am not sure). Well, this makes that much more acceptable.

:m:

Back