The Jesus Lizard

It seems like a stopgap measure to continue the species until other lizards arrive, but I'm no biologist.

raptorjesusxu9.jpg

I'm confused, without another genetic donor won't there be problems with their health?

it depends of the DNA structure and multiple other factors, for some spiecies inbriiding isnt so much of a problem...

Inbreeding isn't necessarily bad. In many cases asexual reproduction is actually much more efficient and desirable and most species on this planet prefer asexual reproduction most of the time. In fact we don't have a final answer yet to the question why we have sexual reproduction at all. Although there are some good and valid ideas floating around.

Shall we conclude that parthenogenesis among human species was successful only in few cases like Jesus ?

"The genetics of self-fertilization in lizards means that all her hatchlings would have to be male."

Since Mary was a female Jesus must be a male, heheh.

"The genetics of self-fertilization in lizards means that all her hatchlings would have to be male."

Since Mary was a female Jesus must be a male, heheh.

I assume Maria was human and not a member of the lizard family. ;)

edit:
I've been stupid. Obviously all eggs of Maria are X.

So jesus was a woman.

Last edited:
Let us wait till the hatchings in January and see what sex the baby lizards are. If there is one male babie, Y there is a Y when there cannot be any Y?

Sex determination in reptiles goes differently than in mammals.

Crocodiles and turtles have sex determination based on temperature for instance.

I think Komodos might have heterogametic (ZW) females, so couldn't they be of either sex (ZZ, WW or Z, W)? Unless in parthenogenesis in heterogametic females it's only the Z that activates the W. Guess it could be, really. Hm. I suppose I'm stuck in my XY wonderland.

SUGGESTING.... the evolution of males.... fundamentally... is as workers to serve the needs of the females and facilitate our species long term survival.

the fact that males love and serve their women willingly.... daily... is why men evolved in the first place.

to further the survival benefit of the females by having drones, males, around to protect them... serve them.. hunt for them... and impregnate them.. and doing so, means pleasuring her.

men.... my brothers.... suddenly... the fact that this is possible, and is found in the most primitive forms of animals, suggests that in truth.... males are by their nature... worker bees.

dough

-MT

the presence of nipples of males is to be understood under light of this discovery. dicks evolved by a mutation. ;)

the presence of nipples of males is to be understood under light of this discovery. dicks evolved by a mutation.

Genitalia, in the womb, begins outside the body and is then drawn inwards in the case of females.

It's interesting, the interplay of default sexual and physiological situations inherent in life.

Back