The halo...

Bowser

Namaste
Valued Senior Member
You see these rings around the heads of many religious figures from around the world, in paintings and printed images. What do you think the halo represents?

The sun + The moon = Eclipse. They got the idea from there.

astronomy_sun_eclipse_partial_1992_ringoffire.thumbnail.jpg

For theists, it means ''good'' spirit.

bowser said:
You see these rings around the heads of many religious figures from around the world, in paintings and printed images. What do you think the halo represents?
the crown chackra.

there are a number of references to the crown in revelation, "the crown of life" "no man may take thy crown"

if you get a friend, and have them stand still about one inch or so from a clear blank white wall....

then you and some other buddies.. stand about 5 or 6 feet back.. and stare...

not at him, against the wall.. but stare at the air space between him and the wall...

after about 5- 10 minutes... all of you will start to see a glow around the person..

this glow is greatest around the head...

and the color will vary from person to person... and their mood.

halos... auras... are real... but normally you cant see them.

-MT

Mosheh Thezion said:
if you get a friend, and have them stand still about one inch or so from a clear blank white wall....

not at him, against the wall.. but stare at the air space between him and the wall...

after about 5- 10 minutes... all of you will start to see a glow around the person..

-MT

As i can see, it's useless.
Your making things up, like those color stones.

I would agree... ordinarily.. i would say its all bull.....

but i actually did that with a group of people...

and low and behold.. it takes many minutes of staring...

but we all.. as in 5 or more people.. could see the glow... and we all saw the same colors...

but different people had glows of different colors....

some claimed they could see finer details such as dots on the body..

but i never saw anything more than the glow and color...

i am a skeptic... and i would never believe it myself... except i have been shown undeniable proof that either we as a group suffered common colored halucinations...
or.. we all saw a common thing... a thing which was person specific.

try it.....
-MT

Mosheh Thezion said:

-MT

that sounds like some bullshit from the celestine prophecy to me.

TheAlphaWolf said:
Didn't they steal them from the egyptians or something? Some pagan group that's for sure.
M*W: I've always though that the symbol for infinity (like the number 8 on its side) over a person's head represented a halo. The body does emit energy, especially from the head as it's the hottest part of the body.

like ii said... i didnt believe it...

but it was a metaphysics party, they wanted to demonstrate it, and they did....

and different people had different colors.. yellow, orange, and one guy was much brighter than anyone else... and he was green...

it is simply not possible to have a group halucination...

unless.. yes... it needs to be tested with people having the same colored clothes..
white...

for it maybe possible that the effect was from the colors of their clothes.

i will test this when i have a group of voleenteers...

as i said.. i am a skeptic.. and it may all be bunk... or not.
more tests are needed.
-MT

Wow, those are fun images! As for the halo, I had read that it is a universal symbol for awareness.

it is worth noticing in the painting of the egyptian gods how there are animals heads at the brow chackra above and between the eyes.

the position is that of the third eye. i could only tell you what the animals symbolise to me. the bird in this position symbolises seeing from another plane of existence. a bird sees from the sky, it looks down on the earth and it sees vast areas.

the snake in this position symbolises the development of kundalini. the coiled serpent at the base of the spine has risen to the brow. this serpent awakens the higher mental powers in man.

these are only my interpretations.

Bowser said:

The halo is a representation of the energy that surrounds a healthy person who has developed their body in a specific way.

The halo represents spiritual character through the symbolism of light and was not accepted by Christians until the 6th century where it became customary for depicting saints and angels.

Tis naught but a levitating toilet seat. (strange place for a toilet seat)

Back