The Hajj

path

Militant wiseguy
Registered Senior Member
One of the 5 Pillars of islam the hajj

Now we know that muhammed reached an agreement with the meccans in the end such that they accepted his religion and rule. Without going into the details of this agreement which have survived to this day, this strikes me as suspicious.
Background

As Islam attracted more believers, Muhammad encountered severe opposition by residents of Makkah who felt threatened because Islam undermined the pagan idols around the Ka'aba. The pagan idols around the Ka'aba were important to the residents of Makkah not only for religious reasons, but also for economic reasons. As pilgrims visited the idols in Makkah, they brought economic prosperity to the city, and the fear was that a monotheistic religion would remove this source of prosperity and trade.

So I ask. What does travelling to a specific geographic location have to do with worshipping an omnipotent, omnipresent god? Honestly why is that one of the pillars of islam? Is allah limited by geographic or physical boundaries? Does allah live in the kabaa or is he a meccan?

path said:
Now we know that muhammed reached an agreement with the meccans in the end such that they accepted his religion and rule.

Before I consider attesting to that, I would like to know who "we" are, what agreement you think that was, and what made you think that.

path said:
Without going into the details of this agreement which have survived to this day,...

No no. I insist. What agreement might that be??

path said:
What does travelling to a specific geographic location have to do with worshipping an omnipotent, omnipresent god?

I guess more than what I can come up with, but here follow some of the answers you seek:

-First, it is a pilgrimage. It is the voyage from a human being to his God, because his God asked such.
-Second of all, it is a rite of purification. A periode in which one goes through hardships and conquers them. Faith and fortitude thereby conquer the material world.
-Third it is a manifest unity of mankind under one God. Thousands and then millions of human being together as brothers and sisters whithout any hard feelings towards one another. All in the same clothes. All in the same rites. Without any difference between a king and a slave, between an Arab and an non-Arab or between a black and white (this is what changed Malcom X to accept whites as his brothers and not his enemies). One of the greatest conditions for a succefull pilgrimage is that no bad words are used (not even when not adressed to another Human)
-Fourth it is a manifest equality.(see above)
-Fifth, it is a purely religious milieu which strengthens faith. It gives the human the possibility to truly meditate and soulsearch. It also brings Muslims close to their very history...etc etc

path said:
Honestly why is that one of the pillars of islam?

See above and there is more...

path said:
Is allah limited by geographic or physical boundaries?

Obviously not. Many would like to believe that though.

path said:
Does allah live in the kabaa or is he a meccan?

:rolleyes:

:m:

Last edited:
path said:
One of the 5 Pillars of islam the hajj

Now we know that muhammed reached an agreement with the meccans in the end such that they accepted his religion and rule. Without going into the details of this agreement which have survived to this day, this strikes me as suspicious.
Background

So I ask. What does travelling to a specific geographic location have to do with worshipping an omnipotent, omnipresent god? Honestly why is that one of the pillars of islam? Is allah limited by geographic or physical boundaries? Does allah live in the kabaa or is he a meccan?

It should be obvious to anybody who has really studied the Koran and Islamic History, but most Muslims can't bring themselves to admit that Mohammed started by renouncing the Idols of Mecca, and then subsequently fought a series of Wars against those who insisted upon the Worship of the Idols of Mecca, but that Mohammed eventually lost those Wars and, to save his own miserable life, he signed a Peace Treaty that betrayed everything he asked thousands of his followers to die for -- an obligation that every future Muslim would be a Idol Worshipper in Mecca.

The way I see it is that if Mohammed wasn't even willing to be a martyr for his own Religion, why would anybody else be. If Mohammed couldn't take himself seriously, why should anybody else. And then there is the ridiculous practice of honoring a Peace Treaty imposed under duress. Why should the entire collective of every soul for all eternity pledge themselves to Idolatry simply because Mohammed was a sad and two-faced coward? Let Mohammed's Pledge die with Mohammed, and everyone stand up and reject the Idolatry of Mecca!

Leo Volont said:
It should be obvious to anybody who has really studied the Koran and Islamic History, but most Muslims can't bring themselves to admit that Mohammed started by renouncing the Idols of Mecca, and then subsequently fought a series of Wars against those who insisted upon the Worship of the Idols of Mecca, but that Mohammed eventually lost those Wars and, to save his own miserable life, he signed a Peace Treaty that betrayed everything he asked thousands of his followers to die for -- an obligation that every future Muslim would be a Idol Worshipper in Mecca.

I think you are mistaking the Koran and Islamic History and the latest fan fiction about the Prophet -peace be upon him- and Islam. Your allegations are hard to take seriously, but they need to be answered.

Now regarding the main battles Muslims fought. We won the first battle of Badr, lost the second skirmish in Uhud -due to dis-obedience, the next main battle was the Mekkan/Jewish Attack on al.Medina, which was fought off. After that came the treaty of Hudaibiah, which gave the Muslims time to meet other challenges and take Khaibar. After the Mekkan treason the Muslims took the Holy city with 10 000 men. There was no resistance (off course). In his life he participated in some 27 battles. Many the Muslims won against the odds, and he –peace be upon him- almost became a martyr in few of them. The prophet –peace be upon him- fought in all those battles, the first at an age of 54 years, the last at an age of 61. At 61 he still fought in the front line and would lead to the victory after many fled.

Leo Volont said:
The way I see it is that if Mohammed wasn't even willing to be a martyr for his own Religion, why would anybody else be.

Obviously he –peace be upon him- was prepared to die a martyr. See above. Why otherwise would he –peace be upon him- not be prepared to strike a deal with the Mekkans while he –peace be upon him- was still under their hand. Why did he –peace be upon him- flee instead of simply being rewarded for giving up the message. Why would he –peace be upon him- let his tribe be punished for three years and his uncle and wife die instead of abandoning the new faith. Why abandon his Hometown? Why if he did al those things would he –peace be upon him-, when he –peace be upon him- vanquished the Mekkan polytheists simply follow their creed which he preached against throughout all those hardships?

Leo Volont said:
If Mohammed couldn't take himself seriously, why should anybody else. And then there is the ridiculous practice of honoring a Peace Treaty imposed under duress. Why should the entire collective of every soul for all eternity pledge themselves to Idolatry simply because Mohammed was a sad and two-faced coward? Let Mohammed's Pledge die with Mohammed, and everyone stand up and reject the Idolatry of Mecca!

No. thx for the offer but I think it will die with you.

:m:

Back