The Gunsmith's Apprentice & Military Chaplin

Kaiduorkhon

Registered Senior Member
Referencing the particularly American issue of firearms – increasing scrutiny is focused in the question: ‘For all of the gathering incidents of mad individuals murdering sometimes dozens of people, and for all of the American dissenters-against and defender-of gun ownership: why are there few – if any – reports (besides those carried in publications such as, ‘The American Rifleman’) of legally carried guns and gun owners, protecting themselves and others - would-be victims of firearms-wielding mass murders?’

In response to any such question(s) asserted by the gun-grabbers, consider the following – information suppressing - example of media censorship and control:
On 15 June 1997, one Floyd W. Creager, a Vietnam combat vet diagnosed with 100% post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and this record, were attacked by five young adult males, the leader of whom brandished a baseball bat, repeatedly striking the sidewalk with it, as he advanced upon us and queried: “You want some of this?” While Floyd Creager refused to yield, I fled into my domicile – which Floyd and I were sitting on the front steps of – and retrieved my hand gun. I returned to the stairway Mr. Creager had stood up from while otherwise remaining still even as the oncoming assailant further advanced upon him, I stepped between Mr. Creager and the 5 perpetrator(s) and fired three shots in the air (at a 45o angle, to insure that the projectiles landed in Monterey Bay, about 300 yards southward); instantly dispersing the entire, threatening group.

No one was physically harmed in any way.

Had I not been a legal gun owner, it is likely that either Mr. Creager, or both of us, may have been overwhelmed and seriously hurt, or worse (I don’t know if - had I not owned a firearm - I would have stood my ground beside Mr. Creager, or not). Then there is the possibility that, had we managed to disarm the nearest man with the baseball bat, one or more of his accompanying ‘back up’ entourage, may likewise have been seriously injured, or worse.

Of course this is a (commonplace) case of a positive employment of a firearm. Repeat: no one was injured… Neighbors witnessed the entire incident from inside their homes. The police were called. This incident was officially recorded as case designation *SC 1997 (*Santa Cruz, CA.) # 93336; refer Sgt. (now Lieutenant) Sepulveda, and/or Lieutenant Skierie, both of whom commended this record for his ‘tactical restraint’. No arrest. No charges.

Shortly after this occurrence, Mr. Creager personally went to the Santa Cruz SENTINEL and told the triage clerk of the incident, and the fact that it could be confirmed by the above named authorities and the official report I.D. The SENTINEL employee asked: ‘Was anyone hurt or injured in any way?’ Mr. Creager answered, ‘No’.

The clerk (remarkably) resolved: ‘Then there’s no story here’, and refused to speak to Mr. Creager, furthermore.

This is a model example of how ‘the press’ ignores constructive, even life-saving facets of gun ownership (and gun carrying, with a permit, which demands a clean police record). Similar events of no one being harmed because a gun was produced (fired or not) as a deterrent to otherwise imminent violence, are commonplace and innumerable; since, when ‘no one is hurt’ - very often, ‘the press’ shuns any report. Whereas, there is indeed a very cogent and important ‘story’ in such proven events.

It seems that ‘the press’ is aversive to any ‘good reports’ about guns and gun ownership.

Please consider that any who would contend against this missive, for having ‘heard it all before’: has yet to hear it anywhere near enough: the raison dete of this communication and all others like it.

(Yes, this writer really is an Apprentice Tool & Die Maker, Machinist, and Gunsmith; also an Ordained Military Chaplin; a 30+ year activist member of the Congressionally Chartered *V.F.W. - *Veterans of Foreign Wars of The United States. )

:fright:

Last edited:
Sadly, good news is generally not considered news in the US, regardless of content. Making an environment appear more dangerous than it is, by disproportionately over-representing the dangers, is a means for promoting reliance upon those who protect you from and keep you informed of such dangers. If people feel helpless they cede their power to government.

Sadly, good news is generally not considered news in the US, regardless of content. Making an environment appear more dangerous than it is, by disproportionately over-representing the dangers, is a means for promoting reliance upon those who protect you from and keep you informed of such dangers. If people feel helpless they cede their power to government.

10-4, reading you 5 x 5, Syne.
The promotion of fear and the selling of false security. Squared.
'Find a need and fill it', as a sales technique, has become: 'Find a security and kill it.'

Last edited:
10 February 2014

Editorial note about the following news release: the bold type marks the press reference to what has in this report, been markedly slanted in favor of 'the government' (they don't say Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms: who gave the world the mass murdering atrocity of Waco, Texas, four months into the Clinton Administration), which, after much failed denial, diversion and attempts to put the blame on licensed American gun dealers, was caught red handed with (far more than) 1,400 assault weapons (which went 'unaccounted for'). Neither was federal Border Patrol Agent, Brian Terry, the only American police officer to be murdered with the 'unaccounted for' weapons.

"Manuel Osorio-Arellanes pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the death of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, though he denies firing the shot that killed him.

TUCSCON, Ariz. — A man convicted in the shooting death of a federal Border Patrol agent during a firefight that revealed the government's botched gun-smuggling investigation known as Operation Fast and Furious was sentenced Monday to 30 years in prison.

Manuel Osorio-Arellanes, who is from El Fuerte in the Mexican state of Sinaloa, is the only person to be convicted in the Dec. 14, 2010, shooting death of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry near the Arizona-Mexico border.

U.S. District Court judge David C. Bury handed down the sentence, 360 months with credit for time served.

The shootout erupted just north of the Arizona border city of Nogales as Osorio-Arellanes and four other men who are accused of sneaking into the country to rob marijuana smugglers approached Terry and three other agents who were targeting such rip-off crews.

Osorio-Arellanes was wounded in the shootout and was the only person arrested at the scene. Four other alleged rip-off crew members fled to Mexico. Two of the four are now in Mexican custody, while two others remain fugitives.

Osorio-Arellanes maintains he was not the shooter who killed Terry, and prosecutors agree that evidence supports his claim. Still, they say he is liable because he was a voluntary participant in the rip-off crew.

Two rifles bought by a gun-smuggling ring that was being monitored in the Fast and Furious investigation were found at the scene of the firefight, though authorities have declined to say whether the murder weapon in Terry's death was linked to a purchase from the investigation.

Federal authorities who conducted Fast and Furious have faced criticism for allowing suspected straw gun buyers for a smuggling ring to walk away from gun shops in Arizona with weapons, rather than arrest them and seize the guns. Agents allowed the purchase of 2,000 guns, but they then lost track of more than 1,400 of them. Some of the guns purchased illegally with the government's knowledge were later found at crime scenes in Mexico and the United States.

The guilty plea by Osorio-Arellanes in October 2012 marked the biggest conviction to date in a case that embarrassed the federal government and prompted a series of congressional investigations.
Members of the gun-smuggling ring that was being monitored in the Fast and Furious investigation have pleaded guilty to federal charges.

Prosecutors had recommended a 30-year sentence for Osorio-Arellanes."

Post Script: The murder of American police officers with 'unaccounted for' weapons is certainly far more than a demonically
'spin-doctored'-'embarrassment'.

Last edited:
Back