The Gospel of Philip says records Jesus as saying...

Medicine*Woman

Jesus: Mythstory--Not History!
Valued Senior Member
M*W: ". . . the companion of the Savior is Mary Magdalene. But Christ loved her more than all the disciples, and used to kiss her often on her mouth. The rest of the disciples were offended. . . They said to him, "Why do you love her more than all of us?" The Savior answered and said to them, "Why do I not love you as I love her?"

~ The Gospel of Philip 63:32-64.5

Both Christians and Atheists don't think gospel of Phillip is actually authentic. Neither is gospel of Mary Magdalene.

n0n said:
Maybe it was simply not authenticated because it was too human of an attribute

Actually the main reason is that those two documents are dated in middle of second century.

well...shit, at least it shows him to be HUMAN...kissing Mary on the lips?
more so than the sex-less character of the gospels

And yet, the Gospel of Philip appears to be part of a tradition in which Jesus was human, mortal and married, a tradition supposedly wiped out by the patriarchal Christian authorities under Emperor Constantine at the Council of Nicaea. That Christ was a mortal human being, created by (not begotten or part of) God was the famous Arian "heresy". Had the Arians won, we would today consider Jesus a Great Prophet, as the Muslims do.

Medicine Woman said:
M*W: ". . . the companion of the Savior is Mary Magdalene. But Christ loved her more than all the disciples, and used to kiss her often on her mouth. The rest of the disciples were offended. . . They said to him, "Why do you love her more than all of us?" The Savior answered and said to them, "Why do I not love you as I love her?"

~ The Gospel of Philip 63:32-64.5

What were the guys supposed to do? Grow tits?

Back