The Good Book?

StrangerInAStrangeLand

SubQuantum Mechanic
Valued Senior Member
-=-

List anything in The Holy Babble (KJV preferred) you believe is good or sensible or factual.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Thats terrible ^^^ advice.

If theres anything GOOD about the New Testament its the idea that moral consequences extend beyond the life of the body.

Even IF this isnt true...its effects have been very positive.

Last edited:
Many books have been written that are filled with great thoughts. There are many good thoughts within the Bible as well.

To love is the greatest thing, and only in complete freedom can that love be realized.

-=-

Could you specify 1 or 2?

"Bartlett's Familiar Quotations"

"Books on Manners and Etiquette "

Any book that contains laws of where you live.

Any book that talks about behavior.

Family planning books.

I can go on and on about many subjects that books have been written about that enlightens people about how to become better humans or people.

To love is the greatest thing, and only in complete freedom can that love be realized.

I don't recall that being in the bible any where...do you have a chpt and verse?

The bible really isn't that into freedom. Obedience and obesience maybe, but freedom gets you in trouble damn quick.

I don't recall that being in the bible any where...do you have a chpt and verse?

The bible really isn't that into freedom. Obedience and obesience maybe, but freedom gets you in trouble damn quick.

That is the message I get from the bible and I'm talking about freedom from sin and a subsequent realization and exploration of exactly who you are and appreciation of who others are with no fear.

"Bartlett's Familiar Quotations"

"Books on Manners and Etiquette "

Any book that contains laws of where you live.

Any book that talks about behavior.

Family planning books.

I can go on and on about many subjects that books have been written about that enlightens people about how to become better humans or people.

What the HECK are you babbling about???

Yes it is, its called communion and its the forrest not the trees.

Then blaming it on the bible is at best misleading.

I don't mind if you just make stuff up. Its all just pretend and you'd probably do better than the bible any way. Just be honest about what is your stuff.

Back