The good and the bad bacterias on/in us

Edont Knoff

Registered Senior Member
We (humans) are populated by bakterias on the outside and on the insides (e.g. the intestines). It seems many of these bacteria are important to keep us healthy.

Other bacterias are bringer of deseases and illness.

How does our immune system tell the good from the bad bacteria? In school I was tought that our immune system attacks everything in our bodies which doesn't have the correct markers, and this is be the reason that transplated organs are rejected. But our immune system still tolerates some bacteria (propbaly for a good reason), and I can hardly imagine that these bacteria have the cell markers that the normal body cells have and which tells the immune system "I'm part of this individual, as you are".

So how does the immune system decide which bacterias must be attacked, and which are tolerated to live in or on us?

Welcome to the forums Edont,

Thank you for your question. Perhaps this link will assist in answering your question: Cell mediated immunity.

There are, in my physiological experience, certain herbs that boost one's sensitivity to the immediate repugnant material effects of the contents of your stomach. ;)

Thanks for the welcome :)

I've tried to read the article, but I haven't found a section that tells me how the immune system decides which bacteria it will attack, and which it will tolerate.

If I have understood it right, it says that all targets which do not present the right marker, will be destroyed. But I am under the impression that we are populated by bacteria which do not have the marker (only body cells should have it?) and still will not be attacked?

Thanks for the welcome :)

I've tried to read the article, but I haven't found a section that tells me how the immune system decides which bacteria it will attack, and which it will tolerate.

If I have understood it right, it says that all targets which do not present the right marker, will be destroyed. But I am under the impression that we are populated by bacteria which do not have the marker (only body cells should have it?) and still will not be attacked?

Body cells feed off what you eat as your body is but matter. Consciousness/ mind is another story. But the old adage of mind over matter must be discarded if one is not to suppress!

I think we have a big misunderstanding here. Particularly if you bring up consciousness and mind.

On our skin and in our intestines there are living quite some bacteria. Some of them are helpful to us, some are neutral. Our immune system seems to be able to recognize these as good or neutral, and does not attack them.

Then there are bacteria which are attacked by the immune system. Most bacteria that bring deseases to us are attacked, if not all.

My question is, how does the immune system decide which bacteria are tolerated and which are attacked? Neither of those bacteria should have the "being part of the body" marker, so maker-driven immune response should attack all of the bacteria the same.

I think we have a big misunderstanding here. Particularly if you bring up consciousness and mind.

Body contents affect or influence mind/ thought.

On our skin and in our intestines there are living quite some bacteria. Some of them are helpful to us, some are neutral. Our immune system seems to be able to recognize these as good or neutral, and does not attack them.

Then there are bacteria which are attacked by the immune system. Most bacteria that bring deseases to us are attacked, if not all.

Correct. This is the whole idea behind what I call "releasing suppressed positivities".

My question is, how does the immune system decide which bacteria are tolerated and which are attacked? Neither of those bacteria should have the "being part of the body" marker, so maker-driven immune response should attack all of the bacteria the same.

By flushing out the negative energies and releasing the above mentioned suppressed positivities.

Thanks. If I interpret the article right, it seems to be still somewhat unkown how the immune system recognizes and interacts with the good bacteria, but the article confirms that the immune system does it somehow.

Well, seems I must wait for further research being done. It's a new topic anyways, that we are populated by many good or neutral bacteria, and that the former idea of removing all bacteria to treat illnesses was missing some facts.

Back