The God List

SnakeLord

snakeystew.com
Valued Senior Member
I am currently working on a listing of as many gods that have been known throughout history. To be honest though, I never realised just how humungous a task this is.

There are several reasons for this 'project':

A) Someone asked me; "Do you believe in god?" My brain contemplated the idea for a moment, before I replied: "Which one?"

I started wondering just how many gods there 'might be'.

B) It will make a nice addition for my upcoming site based upon religion and belief.

-----

There was a quote by someone, something along the lines of.. "If you can tell me why you deny these other gods, you'll know why I deny yours."

Unfortunately I forget who's quote that is, and the exact wording of the quote. I would like to add it to the foreword to the God List, so if anyone knows exactly what I'm referring to, please let me know..

For now you can take a look at (some) of the A's listing here:

The God List

Give me your opinions and thoughts plz :)

Might this be the quote?

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

I can't say I have much input on the idea of a "God List," but it's certainly a worthy idea. (It's always good to remind people that their religions/perceptions are only learned - not neccesarily real.) BTW, if you find a God of Masturbation, thank him for me :p .

Here's a few others I always liked:

“You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image, when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” -Anne Lamott

"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is 'God is crying.' And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is 'Probably because of something you did.'" - Jack Handey

"God: The Preeminent Chameleon; whenever the need is felt by one or more of his followers, He oblingingly recreates himself to suit the occasion." - "Rev" Donald Morgan

"One man's religion is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

Josh

======================
"It's just a ride." - Bill Hicks :m:
======================

Back