The experiment

Are you testing the speed of the moderators of something?, perhaps making evidence for the need of a biology sub-forum moderator? :D

Originally posted by WellCookedFetus
report me (or him?) for what? :confused:

Relax man, I didn't think you'd wig! Sorry!

I was only teasing. If you were attempting to see how fast they do stuff I could spoil your experiment by reporting you such that they delete it faster! HA! FOILED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

I'm dastardly damnit. ;)

Okay, now I'm confusing me.

In my last I was talking to spurious for the reason I explained to you because I thought were him asking me for what because I got confused because I'm a crackhead... I should have quoted him, pardon.

You are a crack head, you need less crack, more sedatives. I to did not believe you were serious but I had no clue what you were talking about then, thanks for clearing that up for me. :bugeye:

No...this wasn't a moderator test...it was really an experiment

this was the original post..but I analyzed it a bit further and decided it was a complete fuckup of an experiment.
----------------------
Well...this is going to be something new for Sciforums. An experiment almost live on sciforums.

Weebee asked for an example of an experiment in order to see if science is superfluous and today I will provide you with evidence that it is superfluous.

The experiment:

Objective: To study embryonic woundhealing

methods: Tissue culture and whole mount in situ hybridization

animal model: NMRI mice. Stage E14 prenatal.

experiment: make an incision in the toothgerm and just observe which genes are switched on at the wound site. We are checking the expression at 1 hour after making the wound and after 2 hours. We make the incision into the left molar (the experiment) and leave the right molar alone (the control). What you see is the lower jaw only. In the middle would have been a tongue. I coloured the incision green. I also did an incision in the left incisor, but you would have to be an expert to see anything there.

Explanation
explanation.jpg

Some of the results, merely half an hour old as we speak.
notch1.jpg

I blocked out the name of the gene, because maybe some of our japanese friends are watching. But after 1 hour, there seems to be some staining at the wound edge (blue is staining), but it seems more intensive after 2 hours. The arrows point at the cut.

Back