The death of the tattoo?

TheFrogger

Banned
Banned
Hello.

Tatoo's are thought to be permanent. To exist for eternity. However a tattoo is ink pushed beneath the skin with a needle. Should ink the shade of a skin be pushed beneath, would this cover an existing tattoo? Would the tattoo become invisible? Cease to exist?

It has been tried, with varying degrees of success. The darker the original tattoo compared to the skin colour the more difficult it will be to remove fully without leaving some trace. And then as the skin changes colour naturally (e.g. Suntan, illness, aging etc) the skin-coloured tattoo will remain the same colour, so becoming more apparent.

But it's an option that already exists, especially if you just want the immediate visibility to be toned down significantly, but aren't too worried about full removal.

IMG_20170907_192658~01.jpg
This is my name and date of birth tattoo on the sole of my right foot
The left sole has name and blood group
They are over 50 years old

:)

Tatoo's are thought to be permanent. To exist for eternity.
I was not aware of that. It seems hard to believe that in 1 billion years from now a race of aliens could come to the earth and discover millions of tattoos. Just goes to show, I guess.

I recently got a tattoo, I didn't realize they were permanent and now I have to live with this:
28aceb216adf8d80d710ca8e8e01df21.jpg

Here a pic of my natural tattoo on my left wrist thats nearly 70 years old an it ant changed much at all.!!!

Birthmark.jpg
My parents gave me a wrist watch to wear to school to hide what some thout was a 666 mark on my wrist... an i was the only one in my grade to have a wrist watch an the other kids was always comin up an askin what time is it an stare at my watch :)

Yep... from as early as 7 years old in the first grade i owe thanks to my tattoo for the beginin of my popularity... makin lots of frinds an havin a successful life in general.!!!

My parents gave me a wrist watch to wear to school to hide what some thout was a 666 mark on my wrist... an i was the only one in my grade to have a wrist watch an the other kids was always comin up an askin what time is it
The bold, just there, I thought you were going to say...''What is the time in Hell''.
If we are going to talk of natural and unnatural tatoos ... I have two dark marks that look like a double dimple a little to the left of centre of my chin about 30 years old. The ''dimples'' are the marks of my friend's buck teeth when we collided when running around ( two stitches in each to hold the skin back in place).

Tattoo laser removal is quite common these days, I don't know how it works.
A laser injects the skin with intense light, which penetrates the skin to break up the ink particles and leads to tattoo fading. The body’s immune system will then remove these pigments over time. The laser energy is harmless, and only targets the pigmented skin, leaving the un-inked surrounding skin unharmed. Similar to laser treatment, IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) uses bursts of light as opposed to the concentrated light of a laser to achieve the same effect.... ... Tattoo removal is carried out using one of three Q-switched lasers, the Ruby, Nd:YAG and alexandrite lasers. Q-switching refers to the process of producing short laser pulses very quickly (some as fast as a nanosecond). This type of laser has developed over the past few decades to produce a high-quality removal that leaves behind little scarring.
http://www.hickmanhouse.co.uk/laser-clinic/tratement-guide/laser-tattoo-removal

Then, after reading the following, it seems silly having a tattoo in the first place, if it's only going to fade and lose any fine detail over time if left alone:
In the same way that your body tries to force out splinters, it will recognise this ink as a foreign object and try to remove it. The way it does this is to send white blood cells to destroy the ink particles.

The only problem is that the ink particles are larger than the white blood cells, making this process extremely slow (which is why tattoos do start to fade naturally after a few decades).

Lasers can be used to break down these particles, meaning the ink can be absorbed into your blood stream and removed, the same way your body removes all of its other waste.
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/21/laser...es-it-work-and-how-long-does-it-take-6796988/

Back