The concept of the fourth part of the trinity

Origen

Registered Member
The following just concerns the christian religion. Is it possible that a fourth part of the trinity could exist. I think that if does. The fourth part of the trinity would be Satan. Think about it Satan is much lower then God, the therefore the four parts create a cross. Why do you think Christ was crucified on a cross. Is it possible that Christ completed the Trinity when he died and rose again. That would Explain a universal theme that generally occurs in all religions. The concept of good and evil.

Just a thought.

"Why do you think Christ was crucified on a cross."
-------------------------

Because the cross was a Roman crucifixion device.

"The following just concerns the christian religion. Is it possible that a fourth part of the trinity could exist. I think that if does."
-------------------------

Then you are in error. The following biblical passages refer to the Trinity. Trinity means three, not four.

Matt. 28:18, Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

1 Cor. 12:4-6, Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. 6And there are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.

2 Cor. 13:14, The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

Eph. 4:4-7, There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all. 7But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift.

1 Pet. 1:2, "according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in fullest measure."

Jude 20-21, "But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith; praying in the Holy Spirit; 21keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life."

><>

I must agree with inspector here, the bible explicitly states only the trinity. Never have I heard of a fourth "member".

Granted that cruxification was a type of Roman execution, but is it coincidental it would complete the four parts. It is hard to explain the concept because we lack the vocabulary to explain. You see many religions in the world have a basis of good and evil to explain the happenings in the world do you not think that the evil would be as one with the good.

Matt. 28:18, Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

With scriptures like that, i find it hard to believe that all of the Christian religions believe in the Trinity, as in 3 in one. I'm of the opinion that they are 3 seperate beings all together. And as for the thread starter, Satan doesn't dwell in heaven, therefore he is not part of the Christian Trinity.

It can't be

Peace -- I wish not to discredit all of the ideas coming from Origen but I do wish to discredit the idea of a fourth part of the trinity. Though there is the struggle of good and evil that you address in every theology, including Christianity, and though it is vital to have one if you with to have and enjoy the other, they do not need to be of the same being. The trinity is the embodiment of the good not and embodiment of the balance between the two such as the image of the yin-yang. The trinity is an expression of all that is good and there is a clear distinction between God and the Devil. They can not be of the same being. -- Peace

Paradox, That is an interesting point however my question is how come the God of the Old Testament was all for sending plaques in order to wipe out a group of sinful people yet in the new testament when Jesus was here there were not as much evil. And the evil there was was because of Satan. It is as if the God of the old teatament and the God of the new testament are two completely different beings

Back