The Circle

Yorda

Registered Senior Member
When you're still simple and inexperienced it's easy to believe in God because you don't know the world or the doubts of the mind.

When you grow older you're starting to understand how things work, so you realize how childish and irrational your ideas of God were, so you leave them.

When you've understood yourself and the world, your picture of God has changed dramatically. You no longer limit God to a religion. God is no longer out there, but inside, and I have become one with it. "I" (you) am the way, truth and life.

Okay so what you're saying is God isn't out there he's in you? Don't a lot of people think he's everywhere..? Wow I'm such a damn idiot..

There is only one eternal Being - there is only one God. In all that lives, lives this only Being, this only God. God is an indivisible oneness, he is everywhere. The cosmos lives, because God makes it alive with his eternal being. This one and only God is itself, all the living creatures inmost self. Because God is omnipresent, and because two things can't be on the same space at the same time, and nothing in the universe can push aside God, it's only possible that everywhere, in all forms, there can only be God. All living creatures, all plants, animals and human itself, are fruits of the tree of death, alive only because the lifeforce of the Lifetree runs through their veins, because the Lifetree lives in them. My body is also a fruit of the tree of death, and it doesn't have an own life. My self, the person, is also one little branch in God's great Lifetree.

Because you have been born in a body, you have become a visible creature. You have lost your consciousness from "nothing-everything" - from God, your true self. Because your consciousness has been moved to your body, you have awakened in this body, which means, your consciousness has become one with your body. Symbolically speaking, this means that you have eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Your generalizations do not hold true to my personal experiences. I don't need to go into specifics, but I have found that as many of the people I know have grown older that their faith has not changed in the way you've described here.

Furthermore, it doesn't seem to me like faith is prone to change in this fashion. Although childhood concepts and understandings of God might be seen as irrational in later years, that rarely develops into the belief that a belief in God is irrational.

Yorda (what is that name from...? :bugeye: :p ),

Do you even understand what you said? I'm not being a dick, I just really don't think what you've said makes sense. I mean, "Life-tree"? Does that sound like something real or some bullshit someone thought up? I just want to see if you can back up what you are saying without repeating crap you have already heard from others, because those terms don't really sound like you're using your own words. This isn't an attack on you, just what you said.

Ozymandias said:
Your generalizations do not hold true to my personal experiences. I don't need to go into specifics, but I have found that as many of the people I know have grown older that their faith has not changed in the way you've described here.

Furthermore, it doesn't seem to me like faith is prone to change in this fashion. Although childhood concepts and understandings of God might be seen as irrational in later years, that rarely develops into the belief that a belief in God is irrational.

I don't mean that faith necessarily changes so many times in one lifetime. I'm saying that there are people who believe because they're simple, there are people who don't believe because they think they understand, and there are people who know that God exists because they've found everything. It doesn't matter how right something is if it isn't right for you.

sdotter123 said:
Yorda (what is that name from...? :bugeye: :p ),

Do you even understand what you said? I'm not being a dick, I just really don't think what you've said makes sense. I mean, "Life-tree"? Does that sound like something real or some bullshit someone thought up? I just want to see if you can back up what you are saying without repeating crap you have already heard from others, because those terms don't really sound like you're using your own words. This isn't an attack on you, just what you said.

Yorda is from a PS2 game called Ico. Lifetree is one of the trees in the garden of Eden. To eat from the Lifetree means to do the work of God. (a while ago I was writing something with a word processor (word 2002) and I saw that whenever I wrote lifetree it corrected it into "Lifetree". Weird...) You're right when you say that I should explain things better, but I'm not good at explaining so I wait for someone to ask me something.

df.gif

Last edited:
Back