The bible is evil

Rigel

Registered Member
I was just surfing around and I came past <a href="http://www.evilbible.com/">this website</a>. I read some disgusting things on this website. How can anyone believe in that crap? According to the website the Bible mentions things like

from the website said:
The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

I'm not familiar with the bible but for me it's hard to believe that someone who reads this all in the bible can believe in this crap. I wonder what you christians have to say about this.

If you are a christian I strongly recommend clicking on the link and see what kind of wicked people made the Bible. If you have the BALLS. If you don't, know this: your life is a lie.

I'm sorry but this was too good go by unoticed (from the site)

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

Please, a little respect Mr. 3 posts, we've been through all this before.

Tell us what your objection to, say, exodus12:1-11 is, if you have the balls;

Exodus 21:1
Now these [are] the judgments which thou shalt set before them.

Exodus 21:2
If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

Exodus 21:3
If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.

Exodus 21:4
If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.

Exodus 21:5
And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:

Exodus 21:6
Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

Exodus 21:7
And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

Exodus 21:8
If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.

Exodus 21:9
And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.

Exodus 21:10
If he take him another [wife]; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

Exodus 21:11
And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.

...cause I can't tell what the hell they are talking about.

i do not associate myself with the chrsitian religion but was raised in a chrsitian home and have seen many preceptions of the bible. althought i do not dictate my life by this book, i don't think it is evil. i think that some people are unable to read into the bible metaphorically. the bible offers some valuable wisdom and when read with an unbiased mindset isn't as evil as portrayed by this site.

Many people have also translated the bible incorrectly. What is it now, there is a man that is starting from the first book and going through and translating it. Already there are misinterpretations that are being fixed... its actually quite interesting.

I beleive that the bible consists of stories that can be used as guidelines and teaching throughout your life, but are not ACTUAL... many people think that THE FINGER OF GOD (oooooooh.... ahhhhh!) split the red sea... PLEASE! There are many scientific (actual) reasons for this to happen. One of those being a title wave, which would suck the water down, then slam it back the remainding people.

Sorry... rambling. Anyways, its simply stories to live your life by. (And i chose not to follow those stories... i would rather experience life myself without having the entire christian religion breathing down my neck)

caffeine_fubar said:
many people think that THE FINGER OF GOD (oooooooh.... ahhhhh!) split the red sea... PLEASE! There are many scientific (actual) reasons for this to happen. One of those being a title wave, which would suck the water down, then slam it back the remainding people.

I'm sure Moses divided the sea with his mind + that "magic" staff he had... and since everything is a creation of God, it was God who divided it. Remember that Moses first did something with the staff and made the Pharaohs soldiers be stuck on the ground... so "he" probably increased the gravity somehow and since it happened near the ocean... ... ...

And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

A man gets to sell his daughter to another man, but unlike selling a manservant who serves for six years, the daughter is bound for life

If she please not her master, who hath betrothed her to himself, then shall he let her be redeemed: to sell her unto a strange nation he shall have no power, seeing he hath dealt deceitfully with her.

If the the man who has bought the daughter wishes, he gets to 'marry' her. The man also gets to marry more women, if he so chooses.

Yorda said:
I'm sure Moses divided the sea with his mind + that "magic" staff he had... and since everything is a creation of God, it was God who divided it. Remember that Moses first did something with the staff and made the Pharaohs soldiers be stuck on the ground... so "he" probably increased the gravity somehow and since it happened near the ocean... ... ...
A bunch of unexplainable bull to me (although i believe in forces that are unknown, i dont see this happening lol... there was supposedly a volcano that cause a tidal wave of the exact time of the red sea parting... the tidal wave causes the water to go down at first then rise again) ... sorry for rambling

spidergoat said:
Please, a little respect Mr. 3 posts, we've been through all this before.

Tell us what your objection to, say, exodus12:1-11 is, if you have the balls;

Exodus 21:1
Now these [are] the judgments which thou shalt set before them.

Exodus 21:2
If thou buy an Hebrew servant, six years he shall serve: and in the seventh he shall go out free for nothing.

Exodus 21:3
If he came in by himself, he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall go out with him.

Exodus 21:4
If his master have given him a wife, and she have born him sons or daughters; the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out by himself.

Exodus 21:5
And if the servant shall plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free:

Exodus 21:6
Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

Exodus 21:9
And if he have betrothed her unto his son, he shall deal with her after the manner of daughters.

Exodus 21:10
If he take him another [wife]; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

Exodus 21:11
And if he do not these three unto her, then shall she go out free without money.
...cause I can't tell what the hell they are talking about.
Well, this happens to be a particularly objectionable bit of the Bible. It first of all authorises slavery and perpetuates it via a mean trick. First there's the initial contract of servitude for a man, for seven years, after which he's totally free. BUT if he got married in the interim, then when he leaves the service (which means moving out) he can't take his wife and children with him. If he then says, "Well, in order to stay with my family, I'll remain a servant", then the master gives him "a clip round the ear" so to speak - effectively branding the servant as his property for life.

Women are nothing more than chattels, part of a man's assets whether he be a master or a humble slave, he can sell his own daughter. The only semi-liberal ruling here is that if she's been married to the master and he puts her off to marry another woman, then she must still be maintained in the style to which she has become accustomed.

Oh, I've just realised something. The guy gets married to a new woman. The new wife comes into the room to find him shagging his ex! She berates him soundly, but he says, "I have to! Exodus XXI, 10: "If he take him another [wife]; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish."

But no one sells their daughters anymore, at least, not very often in the developed countries, so is the bible still evil for outlining the rules regarding this outdated practice? Remember, it used to take the place of a legal system. It doesn't say specifically you can sell your daughter as a sex slave, and Christians don't believe this. It says IF you do, then there some guidelines to follow. Even in recent times, there is the custom of a dowry paid to the groom, is that the same thing as selling her to him?

Im Jewish, right?

well, i think the Bible is bull for the most part.
the rest of it is either sexist, racist, or discriminatory against something else..

i think that saying homosexuality is wrong is really really mean. that is the only word i can think of. mean.
YOu fall in love with a person, not a gender.

love tess

happy chanukah

Rigel said:
I was just surfing around and I came past <a href="http://www.evilbible.com/">this website</a>. I read some disgusting things on this website. How can anyone believe in that crap?

I'm not familiar with the bible but for me it's hard to believe that someone who reads this all in the bible can believe in this crap. I wonder what you christians have to say about this.

If you are a christian I strongly recommend clicking on the link and see what kind of wicked people made the Bible. If you have the BALLS. If you don't, know this: your life is a lie.
bible is not aplicable to modern life,its obsolete
peple who wrote it knew nothing about science,evolution,and what makes the world turn,the rain fall,the thunder etc so they made up some all mighty sky dude to explain everything.
also life must have been pretty hard,then so they had to make things like slavery,fighting or killing others who didnt share their beliefs justifiable so they could survive.
hell everything the bible says about creation of the world/people etc is so totaly fucked up and wrong that no one in this modern age could take it seriously and as the truth.
me thinks the only reason people believe in God is they are scared of death and Hell.
once they realize hell dont exists and death is the end,their life will be all the more meanigfull ;)
www.talkorigins.org

Back