The Aliens

Alorus

Registered Member
I hope there isn't a thread on this already...

Sometimes I wonder if the "aliens" people see aren't really aliens but instead humans from the future who are time travelling for various reasons. I don't really believe that, but its an interesting thought.

They could be coming back to study history and a whole number of things (just about anything really), which might explain sightings especially in the 50s. It would also explain why they've never really made contact with us (unless you count incidencents such as Rael as contact).

I don't know. What do you think will be easier, to travel through time a large distance, or to travel through space a large distance (like across the galaxy)? I imagine that once humans have the technology to utilize the energy necessary to do these things, they will occur fairly close to each other. I imagine that long distance space travel will come first and be shortly followed by time travel.

Of course, time travel might not be possible... I wouldn't volunteer to go in a wormhole and check. The other problem is that there might be multiple realities and if you go back in time, you might go to a different reality (a parallel universe) and never get back... or atleast have some serious issues.

Thinking about space travel... space travel might require time travel in a way because how can you move through a large distance of space without going extremely far in the future (time is relative gravity: the stronger the pull of gravity, the slower time moves). Furthermore, even if you could travel at the speed of light, it would still take forever to get anywhere. Does anyone think its possible to travel faster than the speed of light? To travel at the speed of light would mean to be converted into pure energy. A spaceship would really be more of a laserbeam than a ship.

It seems that there wouldn't be much of a difference between space travel and teleportation if you think about how everything is waves of energy. So is time travel reverse teleportation?

Why would aliens want to visit our planet? We're not all that interesting, are we?

Back