The 15 dead in the Texas bus accident were on pilgrimage

What's ironic is "marytr" is part of the name of the church they were from. This happen very close to me. It was the damn fault of the bus company who was driving sub-standard buses.

Hey, another unrelated news, a boy was starved to death by his mother and other religious folks, because he wouldn't say Amen.

I say Amen to that...

Folks, I am just trying to determine whose god is the strongest, I wouldn't want to sign up for the wrong religion. After all, any decent god would be pissed off more at a false god worshipper than at an atheist, me thinks....

The strongest god right now is money. Do not stand in his way, be ye atheist or theist pagan or Abahamic follower. He will smite thee. Consume and allow everything to be given a price tag, even your own DNA and the water you drink and he will refrain from killing you or not.

By the way the point of this thread is, just in case anyone missed it:

Had they been atheists, those 15 people would be still alive!! Atheism saves lifes!! :)

By the way the point of this thread is, just in case anyone missed it:

Had they been atheists, those 15 people would be still alive!! Atheism saves lifes!! :)
that may be the intended point. But you'll have to do a bit more research. As far as I know atheists ride buses and fill their free time with activities just like the religious. But I am open to seeing some statistics that back up the thesis that atheists are less vulnerable to car accidents, death and time.

I am sorry to say, but you have to prove it. List accidents when atheists (and atheists only!!) died in any kind of accident (car, stampede,etc.) going to or coming from an atheist meeting,festival,etc. where they were traveling VOLUNTARILY! State sanctioned obligatory parades don't count.

So?

P.S.: Even if you list such events, I will say it was an accident (because it is). On the other hand good, god-fearing people are expected to be saved by their gods, ain't they???
P.S.S.: You do realize I am just pulling your leg?

What a dilemma. Are the 15 Catholics dead because God was punishing the Bus company for not having a proper application, or did God decide it was time for all 15 to die because it was their time, how about Satan: did he figure into this, and what about survivors: I think God should get some thanks or is he punishing them for their forefathers' sins. Oh my, I don't know what to think other than God had a reason and that's good enough.

how about Satan: did he figure into this,

There is no scriptural support for Satan killing anyone directly. God however, lays waste to entire cities, and the entire planet bar Noah and family.

If Satan were involved, he probably tempted the guy that was supposed to check the tyres with a shellfish dinner, or some other abomination.

P.S.S.: You do realize I am just pulling your leg?
People can pull legs and also mean it. As long as you realize the implied logic is off, fine. Look, I dislike the whole God saved me when a Christian is one of the survivors of a plane crash - I mean God could have just kept the plane in the air, right? it's like someone pushes you out in front of a train and then pulls you back. Would you really say, 'Oh, Jimmy, you saved me.' I, personally, would knock Jimmy on his ass. I certain think that some Abrahamic religion believers deserve some of the smugness you are aiming back at them. But I think you are spraying from your UZI rather broadly. Even amongst Christians there are many who do not think that their belief protects them from such things. And much as I have problems with even these people's religion your OP is implying things about their beliefs that are just not true. In fact many Christians think that God will test them and their families and all this worldly shit doesn't really matter and....so on. And then there are other religions and believers and even Christians with much more nuanced explanations and ideas around these issues. You've created a partial strawman and having a field day.

Hey, another unrelated news, a boy was starved to death by his mother and other religious folks, because he wouldn't say Amen.

I say Amen to that...

Folks, I am just trying to determine whose god is the strongest, I wouldn't want to sign up for the wrong religion. After all, any decent god would be pissed off more at a false god worshipper than at an atheist, me thinks....
I think that God would disprove of the family starving that boy to death just because he didn't say Amen.

It must be something wrong with that family. Lack of empathy or something, perhaps lack of love...I don't know, it's incomprehensible to me.

Back