The 101 Most Influential People Who Never Lived

Jesus is a historical figure.
but only in holy books and never quite the same in each, so more a mythical figure, like jason, hercules, sinbad, etc, otherwise you would have to include these mythical figures, as historical too.

I think Jesus of nazarath actually existed. If you believe the crap pertaining to the guys name present in various bibles though, that is a different matter.

Considering 2 billion Christians far out weigh 1 billion Moslems, I see no reason why Jesus was third compared to Muhammad 1st on that list. And Plato at -40-?

This is a pretty crappy list, Samcdkey!

What do they mean Santa claus never lived?

Santa claus is a derivative of Saint Nicolas

wiki
Saint Nicholas is the common name for Saint Nicholas of Myra, who had a reputation for secret gift-giving, but is now commonly known as Santa Claus. He lived in 4th century Myra in the Byzantine Empire's Lycia, the modern day Demre in the Antalya province of Turkey. This is as much as is generally known about him in the West.

This historical character was the inspiration for a mythical figure known as Nikolaus in Germany and Sinterklaas in the Netherlands and Flanders, which in turn was the inspiration for Santa Claus. Sinterklaas (a contracted form of Sint Nicolaas) is a major celebration in the Netherlands and in Flanders (see below). Among Orthodox Christians, the historical Saint Nicholas is remembered and revered. Saint Nicholas is the patron saint of sailors, merchants, archers, children, and students in both Greece and Russia. He is also the patron saint of Barranquilla, Colombia and of Amsterdam.

Considering 2 billion Christians far out weigh 1 billion Moslems, I see no reason why Jesus was third compared to Muhammad 1st on that list. And Plato at -40-?

This is a pretty crappy list, Samcdkey!

Maybe its because Muhammad garners more influence (especially of a nature that seems to cause a lot of bad shit) rather than having the most following.

Back