test

Lilalena

Registered Senior Member
Do you know of any famous people who were born to mothers beyond age 35? Supposedly

Do you know of any famous people who were born to mothers beyond age 35?

Supposedly the infants have a greater chance of developing disorders and sure enough in our family I have about 4 aunts / cousins whose daughters clearly have Aspergers -- with one having a severe case of ADHD. (They were born when their mothers were in late 30's and early 40's).

So from my point of view there seems to be a 100% chance of the above happening. If you know any famous inspirational figures who were born when their mothers were older than 35 I'd feel much better.

Last edited:
(system freezing up again or Sciforums doesnt like my thread titles, it will only post if I name it 'test')

My grandmother had 10 children. The youngest was about the same age as the daughter of her oldest sibling.

I do not know the details, but I am am pretty sure that grandmother was at least 45 (maybe as old as 50) when my aunt Romayne was born. Romayne is still alive at 88 & is mentally alert & physically active (she can golf & bowl, but not play tennis).

Apparently some people who are the same age chronologically can be effectively 10-20 years different in biological age.

My grandmother must have been a very "young" 45-50 when my aunt Romayne was born.

Genetics & life style are probably more important than the age of the mother at birth.

The most you can say is the the odds of problems increase with the age of the mother at birth.

BTW: I have not been able to start new threads, but have no problem posting replies to existing threads.

Romayne is still alive at 88 & is mentally alert & physically active (she can golf & bowl, but not play tennis).
Cool.

Apparently some people who are the same age chronologically can be effectively 10-20 years different in biological age. My grandmother must have been a very "young" 45-50 when my aunt Romayne was born.

That occurred to me recently too, talking to someone early-40s who was as energetic and full of plans as a 25 year old - and who also, physically looked no more than 30.

BTW: I have not been able to start new threads, but have no problem posting replies to existing threads.

I discovered by accident that if you have only 'test' in the title box and again in the message box, the posting goes through easily. Then I just edit or reply to the test post. (Hope the need to do this goes away soon!)

ADHD is up to 80% heritable, I seem to remember.

According to the wikipedia page, Autistic spectrum disorders are heritable up to 90%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_autism

So it's probably not a stale egg thing, it's a shallow end of gene pool thing.
I guess we're a pretty neurotic family anyway but not exactly to the extreme these kids seem to be at. Maybe the stale egg thing was double jeopardy for them. Oh well.

(system freezing up again or Sciforums doesnt like my thread titles, it will only post if I name it 'test')

We need to sort out this problem. It turns out that I can't, as an admin, even edit the title.

Back