Terry Nichols - a lifetime in prison ... and then Redemption?

Judge for yourself ... Terry Nichols . . .

• . . . gets into heaven even if he died tomorrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • . . . still can redeem himself in the eyes of the Lord

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • . . . will burn, burn, burn!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (Other) / (I can't stop being serious about things long enough to click one of the above)

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Tiassa

Let us not launch the boat ...
Valued Senior Member
Not Perfect, Just Forgiven
Terry Nichols speaks

Where
might one begin?

I don't know quite what to quote. Let's try this. But the statement is pretty much full of this kind of ... uh ... excrement. Try the link at the bottom.

Yes, only with and through faith in Jesus Christ alone can we be saved. And the only place where real truth, absolute truth can be found is in God's word, the Holy Bible.

I also wish to say that my views were never the same as Timothy McVeigh's. They may have had - we may have had some similar - similarities, but they were not the same. And today, my views and beliefs are far different, as the result of finding the real truth of life in this world, which only the inerrant (sic) word of scripture reveals.

When God, when the God of scripture is not the center of one's life, one's mind, emotions and actions can easily be manipulated, which in turn can result in harm and destruction to self and others.

Thus I pray for everyone to acknowledge God, make his, make his truths and ways the center of your life, accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, and especially that men will become the spiritual leaders of the family, the fathers of integrity, as God intended man to become.

One last thing, many people have come, have come up with various excuses and reasons to justify the jurors' deadlock in the sentencing phase of this trial, which the state was seeking the death penalty against me.

And I am sure many will disagree with me, but the truth is, the reason death was not given is for the simple and abundantly clear fact that God is in control. His hand has been guiding this trial from day one. There is no other explanation.

(Terry Nichols)

I'm appalled. But hey, that's not my problem, right? All's forgiven, or else ... what might the Lord have to say?

Really, I'm curious. Because forgiveness and faith is all well and fine, but ... No.

Faith or works? John 3.16 or Matthew 25? The words of Jesus, or the letters of Paul? The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out, but where Terry goes someday is still in doubt.

Of course, he has the rest of his God-given life remaining to grovel, so who knows what he can pull off in that time?

• Associated Press. "Text of Terry Nichols' statement." Seattle Post-Intelligencer, August 9, 2004. See http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apus_story.asp?category=1110&slug=Nichols Sentence Text

he has two debts to pay. he got a discount on one and has yet to pay the other!

If the note is genuine and he has accepted Jesus as Messiah. Then yes, if He died today He would have eternity with God. Then again if the notes a cunning ploy and he never repents and accepts Jesus as Messiah then its the eternal lake of fire for him.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Can i ask what Terry Nichols actually did?(i dont live stateside and rarely watch the news so i have no idea).

Nichols is convicted of 161 counts each of murder, arson, and conspiracy, for his contributions to the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City in 1995.

If he is forgiven, it won't be because he was able to "redeem himself". That's impossible for anyone. It's not for us to decide whether he goes to hell or not... he had his trial before humanity, and they didn't give him the death sentence. If the courts could be so merciful, why not God? Maybe he realized a life in prison is nothing compared to a life in hell. Maybe he's just trying to redeem himself. If that's true, he certainly won't be able to fool God.

Tiassa, no crime deserves Hell except for someone who does not want to be forgiven. Hence, Terry Nicholas might not go to Hell, but the extent of amends might have to be carried over to the purgatory.

Terry Nichols will go to heaven if he repents and idolizes Jesus. A little kid raised from a non Christian background will spend eternity in hell.

You Christians are completely fucked.

Joeman, how do you know either way? The difference between the two examples you give is the security they have while alive.
Matthew 7:21
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.​
A child might not say it, but still do God's will; Terry Nichols might say 'Lord, Lord', but God knows his heart. I daresay you don't know the heart of either the child or the criminal. Rather pay attention to your own heart and don't worry whether the righteous perish or the fools prosper.

Okinrus, I always wanted to ask someone this: isn't Christ himself purgatory enough?

Okinrus, I always wanted to ask someone this: isn't Christ himself purgatory enough?
I'm not too sure what purgatory is like, but it is possible that those in purgatory would face Christ.

When he goes to heaven will there be virgins waiting for him or is that a pleasure reserved only for Islamic terrorists?

Guess if you in heaven you can have anything you want!
Now where did I put that plastique?
Dee Cee

Careful there DeeCee...

The Patriot Act doesn't allow for such sayings against the beliefs of George Dubyah. :cool:

I'm not too sure what purgatory is like, but it is possible that those in purgatory would face Christ.
Alright, but wouldn't Christ face "purgatory" *for* them? Isn't that why He came to earth? Christ is purgatory (the purging of sins) - isn't that what God promised in Jeremiah (50:20): "In those days, at that time," declares the LORD , "search will be made for Israel's guilt, but there will be none, and for the sins of Judah, but none will be found, for I will forgive the remnant I spare."

I'm not trying to pick a fight! Just curious where the idea fits in...

DeeCee said:
When he goes to heaven will there be virgins waiting for him or is that a pleasure reserved only for Islamic terrorists?

Guess if you in heaven you can have anything you want!
Now where did I put that plastique?
Dee Cee

There are no virgins waiting for anyone in Heaven sorry. LOL

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

No virgins in heaven? Where do all the virgins go? And wherever it is, how do i get there????

Jenyar said:
Alright, but wouldn't Christ face "purgatory" *for* them? Isn't that why He came to earth? Christ is purgatory (the purging of sins) - isn't that what God promised in Jeremiah (50:20): "In those days, at that time," declares the LORD , "search will be made for Israel's guilt, but there will be none, and for the sins of Judah, but none will be found, for I will forgive the remnant I spare."

I'm not trying to pick a fight! Just curious where the idea fits in...

The idea marvelously fits into my theory that time isn't linear, and that it is just the traditional conceptualization of time that time is linear.

I don't think forgiveness always entails lack of punishment. For example, Terry Nicholas is asking for the victims to forgive him, not release him from prison. In a very real way Terry Nicholas wants to be in prison.

We are all not Morally Responsible.

A simple look at a photograph of Terry Nichols shows a man that does not have a personal will. Some are born to be at the beck and call of men who DO have will power. This is Terry Nichols. Born to follow.

The real villian is Terry Nichol's brother who was actually the mastermind of the Bombing. Timothy McVie and his stupid idiot brother simply were his agents following his orders.

Anyway, what good does it do to punish a pure follower? In a Good World they would have followed good leaders. In an Evil World they follow Evil Leaders. In themselves they are neutral. Whether it is because they have no Mind -- an insufficient IQ, or because they have no Heart -- are emotional cripples; their entire lack of significance absolves them of Moral Responsibility.

We might as well round up every stupid redneck in America. Given the same conditions, they would have done the same thing.

Leo Volont said:
Anyway, what good does it do to punish a pure follower? In a Good World they would have followed good leaders. In an Evil World they follow Evil Leaders. In themselves they are neutral. Whether it is because they have no Mind -- an insufficient IQ, or because they have no Heart -- are emotional cripples; their entire lack of significance absolves them of Moral Responsibility.

What are the *criteria* for
1. not having a sufficient IQ,
2. being an emotional cripple?

What if someone has a sufficient IQ, but is an emotional cripple; or what if someone doesn't have a sufficient IQ, but is not an emotional cripple? Are they, according to you, absolved of moral responsibility? Or are only those who both lack the sufficient IQ and are emotional cripples as well, absolved of moral responsibility?

What are the criteria for being significant?

Back